Trucks are so expensive

Just be happy that your not paying Canadian prices. We are just so used to the higher prices that we don't even worry about it any more. Plus we are paying $4.50 / gallon for gas.

Holy smokes! As oil laden as Canada is, gas is still that high? Yikes.

Will

Find me a vehicle other than a 1/2 ton pickup that has the amenities of a luxury car, can tow 10,000+ lbs, carry 2000 lbs, go off-road, through snow drifts, 4x4 hi or lo or essentially Awd w/ 4auto, back to 2wd, handles decent for its size, has 355hp/385tq+, can carry 5 adults, holds its value extremely well, navi, leather, 100,000 mile warranty, 20" or 22" rims, respectable 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, etc etc etc for $50,000 LIST (if you pay exactly sticker your have no one to blame but yourself)

Ok go find me something else, I'll give you the keys to my truck if you can, but I know you can't so stop whining!!!!

You'll find cars w/ awd that are good in the snow, SUVs that pose as trucks but don't have the nuts or frame to tow, the size to haul, or the resale, you'll find uber expensive German SUVs, etc etc

Stop whining, buy a stripper model or move on. Like it or not trucks have morphed with the times, people want their cake and they want to eat it too, and that means luxuriously well equipped, nice riding, off road capable, huge, well built, resale holding luxotrucks. I'm happy about it. Just like I'm happy about a dodge challenger or Chevy Camaro that can actually stop and go around a corner.

• Like 3

The name of the game is don't buy what you can't afford. I have an Sierra SLE the sticker on it was $37,000. Do I want a Denali? You bet I do. However when I looked at what they were going for and what I could afford to pay I bought this one. It's the 3rd SLE I have had by the way and it was bought before the current incentives which are really good now compared to when I got mine. This truck does what I need it to do and is a lot better than my 2009 was.

Totally Agree. I bought an SLE and I got it with the extended warranty and everything out the door for 40k. It will be the last new vehicle I will be buying....(actually first as well). :)

This thread is the reason I still have my 2007 and bought a Maggie. Now it does everything I need and want and it's paid for. I was very very close to pulling the trigger on 14 with 6.2. Then I started reading Dave Ramsey. Not sure what he would say about the Maggie, but it's damn sure cheaper than a new one.

• Like 2

They should. That's all it's worth... Sent from my Droid Ultra

lol either you are joking or you know nothing about business

That is all their worth... After it's driven off the lot... :D

Sent from my Droid Ultra

I buy used or lease my vehicles. My Sierra was $330 a month for an SLE 36 months with no money down 36k mile lease. I coulda bought it for 34k + tax. I was very close to getting a low mileage 10-13 truck but, I couldn't pass up the low payment on the sweet new truck. I'll prob buy it when the lease is out unless the truck market is weak and I can get a better deal than my buyout.

• Like 1

$$$s conversation: Can't take it with you. To which he said 'are you sure?'...Yep, checked on it. To which he said, ' then I'm not going!! ' Yep he went...

Stuff is going to go up, esp. when ones wants more stuff on the stuff. Economy is flat, jobs going away and salaries are near flat (if you have a job). Just a tuff time for many. Energy is what oils our economy. Get it's cost down (and we can) and watch the growth and uplifting of all.

• Like 1

Mine ain't worth much

tepehe5y.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Granted you have quite a few more miles but the 1998 Silverado I got rid of a few months ago, 4x4, extended cab, with 75,000 booked for almost $7k kbb. Thats doing pretty good for an almost 20 year old vehicle

Edited by softail_silverado
  • Like 1

I'm priced out GM.

You could buy a fully loaded single cab, Z-71, auto trans, for $19,999. in mid 90's.

My income has not 2x or 3x, to keep up with the prices.

After 2002, people have lost, the "since", of what, things are worth.

You have to remember, the past prices, to determine the value, today.

Edited by gm4yrs

Same here my sticker for my 2010 says 39k I built a 2014 like it 47k...... I refuse to finance over 5 years so I bought the 2010 instead of buying a new one or leasing happy with my decision because it was the right financial decision for me. Had they offered leasing like ram does now $250 a month or something I would have done that while saving 250 a month as a down payment on buying something when the lease ended but with a $450 lease, it didn't make sense when I put some cash down and got my truck at 1.9 for 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm priced out GM.

You could buy a fully loaded single cab, Z-71, auto trans, for $19,999. in mid 90's.

My income has not 2x or 3x, to keep up with the prices.

After 2002, people have lost, the "since", of what, things are worth.

You have to remember, the past prices, to determine the value, today.

the worst part is that people don't care they just extend the terms of the financing and keep the payment lower... I could have done 84 or 96 months on a 14 (dealership offered) that's insane I'm actually uncomfortable with 60 but I'm just going to make the effort and pay it off quicker

Im with ya. No way I could afford to buy new. I wouldn't buy new if I could..... such a waste of money. Find a nice trade in 3 or 4 years old and buy for half price.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

I always wanted a new one and got my 11 new..... Settled for an LS extended not the lt crew I wanted.. I drove it for 3 years while most of The time wishing I had bought what I wanted ... If the only way I can do it comfortably is to buy used so be it