VENDOR MVI's HMI Upgrade Thread Video/Nav Entry in Motion, Textin

This is not a sales pitch but more of a gauging interest in developing this software for the 14+ K2XX Pickup Trucks. Here is a quick Video Demo of our current HMI programming operating in our 15 Yukon Denali:

This allows for Video Playing from USB as well as BD/DVD and removes in motion lock from ALL features. This also adds an SMS texting application as well as the addition of the AVI and DIVX video formats. It also adds the welcome sounds back in that welcome you to the vehicle when its off and the startup logo plays (can be turned off on the screen)

We can also do custom programming to reuse salvage HMI's etc...

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does, no spoofing the data to make it do things it isn't supposed to :) You can't send a module erroneous data it needs to operate (vehicle speed) and then expect it to be happy :)

There also isn't a module to fail or drain the battery like an external solution this is literally plug and play after you get it back.

If u can unlock so my rear camera is on while I drive too then send me the first one u make I want. :)

If u can unlock so my rear camera is on while I drive too then send me the first one u make I want. :)

Sorry that one I currently don't have a way of doing easily since its controlled by a signal on the bus from another module. Again this is programming the factor HMI module not an external module :)

If we were to expand the offering to these trucks you'd ship your HMI module to us we'd program it and ship it back. You plug it back in and go!

A nice way to me is send out a module to a customer, Charge a price and a refundable core that the customer can get back when the old one is sent in

Sounds good, how hard is it to remove the HMI module? Any instructions? Definitely keep me posted if you are going to expand to the 2014+ trucks.

Everyone says its pretty simple, its behind the glove box on the K2XX SUV's so I'm assuming its there in the trucks as well.

Add me to the list. How much would this cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Our current pricing (and this would carry over) is $199. So over $100 less than a lock pick and no lock pick issues to contend with.

A nice way to me is send out a module to a customer, Charge a price and a refundable core that the customer can get back when the old one is sent in

Not an option unfortunately in this situation due to many factors. The good news is we do everything in our power to turn them around as fast as humanly possible. Most go out the same day we receive them or at the absolute longest a one weekend turn time.

Archived