VENDOR MVI's HMI Upgrade Thread Video/Nav Entry in Motion, Textin

Definitely interested. Can the truck be driven while the module is removed?

It can, some cars require four pins on one of the HMI connectors to be jumped but thats pretty simple :)

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the glove box removal there are 4 t-15 torx ( 2 up top - box open, 2 at the bottom) box drops down and the HMI unit is right behind the top glove box for the trucks. about the middle of the unit you'll see one clip holding it in. disconnect the 4 harness' ( if you have Nav 5 harness') press up on release tab and wiggle it down. It is very easy to change!

now my question is i have a unit that has the Nav flash from Kodiakz. when you add the text option and all will the flash from kodiakz be over written? or is this just adding the features to the HMI unit?

for the glove box removal there are 4 t-15 torx ( 2 up top - box open, 2 at the bottom) box drops down and the HMI unit is right behind the top glove box for the trucks. about the middle of the unit you'll see one clip holding it in. disconnect the 4 harness' ( if you have Nav 5 harness') press up on release tab and wiggle it down. It is very easy to change!

now my question is i have a unit that has the Nav flash from Kodiakz. when you add the text option and all will the flash from kodiakz be over written? or is this just adding the features to the HMI unit?

We would overwrite it but its no different than overwriting a truck with factory nav, which we do all the time.

Archived