VENDOR MVI's HMI Upgrade Thread Video/Nav Entry in Motion, Textin

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-124965-0-18248500-1399474133_thumb.jpg

FYI, there must be different HMI module, dependent on vehicle. I have a 2014 Silverado that didn't have Nav, I added Nav with a new HMI that had the Nav in it, I'm pretty sure they are vin number specific. I have attached a photo of the one I removed, as you can see by the photo, even though it is a poor quality picture, it is VERSION 2 and the one I replaced it with was a VERSION 2 also with a different part number.

I noticed in the picture from an early post it was VERSION 1.1, I'm curious if VER 2 is IO6 and VER ! is IO5.

Sign me up! I had the lock pick in my F150, my oldest would watch a movie up front and my youngest watch movies on the headrest in the back.

For me it was a nice drive, no chatter!

Send me the info please!

attachicon.gifSILVERADO HMI.JPG

FYI, there must be different HMI module, dependent on vehicle. I have a 2014 Silverado that didn't have Nav, I added Nav with a new HMI that had the Nav in it, I'm pretty sure they are vin number specific. I have attached a photo of the one I removed, as you can see by the photo, even though it is a poor quality picture, it is VERSION 2 and the one I replaced it with was a VERSION 2 also with a different part number.

I noticed in the picture from an early post it was VERSION 1.1, I'm curious if VER 2 is IO6 and VER ! is IO5.

Version 1.1 is for 2013 Cadillacs which is what I posted the picture of ;)

I'm interested as well. A few questions though. How does this affect warranty? Can GM tell if it has been reprogrammed like they can the ECM? How might this affect future updates from GM?

From a practical perspective no affect whatsoever they cant even tell its done. I believe this release to be frozen and from what I've heard there likely wont be any more updates to these (and that can change at any moment obviously) It would depend on how the update was done, the majority of updates at the dealer level wont harm this however if it was we'd just ask for a copy of the repair order and take care of it for you on the house.

Archived