Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

I am boring..

I like stocks, and I drive too much to have an aggressive tire.

Stock 18s that I swapped a guy for.  Traded him my LTZ 20s plus a few hundred bucks on his end.  18s ride so much better.

275/70/18 Firestone Transforce pull offs from a Cummins, fo $free.99.. 55 miles on them.

znNfVNK.jpg

Stocks for the win. I just ordered some Falken Wildpeak 275/70/18s l. Should have them mounted later this week. Love the beefy tire look but not looking forward to the mpg loss.

2292b7f4e489d9a7f3487d87ce4c117c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for poops and giggles I picked up a set of stock 18" wheels with some worn out Goodyear SRA's. Took off the stock 20" LTZ wheels that had Fallen Wildpeak ATW3's 275/60/20's in a P rated XL load rating. I was convinced the 20" wheels were part the culprit of my rough ride.  Now my plan is to use my Bora 1.5" spacers and get some new tires, either 32" or 33". By going down to a 18" I figured I could smooth out the ride with more sidewall. Let me tell ya that these worn out 265/65/18's ride super nice. Way better than the 20's. They don't look as nice but after feeling the difference I don't care.  I'm actually hoping to trade someone my 20's for stock 17's or get some Method 17's. You guys with your 20" and even some 22" wheels sure make your trucks look tough but I realize it's not for me lol.  

I second that. I will never put a wheel any bigger than 18” on my rides. The rough ride, mpg loss and extra weight just aren’t worth it IMO. Even convinced the wife to get rid of the 22s off her Tahoe and put on some 17 inch Racelines with 33s. Rides so much better

0332ea5635cb6efb7200cfd2cf31691b.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jegreenwood14 said:

I am boring..

I like stocks, and I drive too much to have an aggressive tire.

Stock 18s that I swapped a guy for.  Traded him my LTZ 20s plus a few hundred bucks on his end.  18s ride so much better.

275/70/18 Firestone Transforce pull offs from a Cummins, fo $free.99.. 55 miles on them.

znNfVNK.jpg

nothing wrong with being cheap err I mean boring ;)

10 hours ago, langston1726 said:

Stocks for the win. I just ordered some Falken Wildpeak 275/70/18s l. Should have them mounted later this week. Love the beefy tire look but not looking forward to the mpg loss.

2292b7f4e489d9a7f3487d87ce4c117c.jpg

Sweet looking truck!  Can't go wrong with Falkens.  I had them on my Tundra and my 4Runner.  They were great tires, and looked even better.

I second that. I will never put a wheel any bigger than 18” on my rides. The rough ride, mpg loss and extra weight just aren’t worth it IMO. Even convinced the wife to get rid of the 22s off her Tahoe and put on some 17 inch Racelines with 33s. Rides so much better0332ea5635cb6efb7200cfd2cf31691b.jpg

That Tahoe is sexy. 33x12.5s and did you level it at all?

I really wanna find a set of polished/chrome OEM honeycombs. Dealer offered to swap mine with some but they didn't have a truck with em on the lot.
Don't get the chrome if you are running them year round. I have them on my '14 and they've been a nightmare since about 30k miles. They don't hold up. They look great but one of them has corroded so bad it didn't hold air.

If you notice, the 16-18 model year honeycombs are polished aluminum not chrome.

• 2 weeks later...