Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Well bro if your dead set on 35's then you looking at nothing short of a 6 inch lift. If you decide on the 33's you'll rub with a -18 offset. Nothing a 2 1/2 lvl and some minor trimming wouldn't fix.

I've got a 2017 Silverado 1500 Double Cab and i'm looking to put on Fuel D576 Assault Wheels, 20x10 with a -18 offset. The tires will be Toyo Open Country R/T (good blend between A/T and M/T) 35X12.50R20LT.

I'm wondering a few things here that i'm hoping you guys can help me out with.

1. Am I shooting for tires too big? Should i go with the 33's instead?
  2. For the 35's, or 33's if im shooting too high, whats the ideal lift i should get?
  3. Once #1 and #2 are taken care of, what do i need to worry about? Will it rub anywhere? do i need a steering stabilizer? 

I'm sparkling brand new to wheels and tires so i know very little. I was originally going to get a $125 lift and level kit from MotoFab (3" front 2" back) but now i'm looking more towards the $1000 range.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
MVIMG_20180227_163001.thumb.jpg.3ab8940f649e443cd67c6722a378e70d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Frank-OH said:

Well bro if your dead set on 35's then you looking at nothing short of a 6 inch lift. If you decide on the 33's you'll rub with a -18 offset. Nothing a 2 1/2 lvl and some minor trimming wouldn't fix.

Thanks Frank!

I've been doing more research and it seems like a 6" lift might be more trouble than its worth, mostly because i have a boat i tow often every summer. I'm finding i'd need to do something with the gears and axles or something, thats all brand new territory for me.

I originally started down this road when i wanted to level the truck because it wasnt super expensive, but then i found a motofab 3" lift in the front with a 2" lift in the back for the same price as the level i was going to get, but found that was maxing out the upper control arms and started looking at a 3-4 inch lift, but found 6" lifts were a little more, but need steering stabilizers and leafs and all sorts of other stuff.

So now i'm thinking a 3-4 inch lift. Will i have the same issues with this as i would a 6" lift?

And back to wheels and tires, anyone using 20x9 or 20x10 Fuel Assaults on a 2017 Silverado 1500? Which one, which offset, and how far do they stick out passed the fender? Are spacers needed? Which tires are you running?

I hear ya man, ya I was all about 4.5 - 6 inch lift as soon as I snagged my rig as well lol. I'm really glad I just went with a 2.5 lvl. I have young kids and pull a 21' scout all over the planet. So a lol for me was more practical. As for your wheel and tire dilemma, I am running a 20x9 0 offset with a 295/55R20 Ridge Grappler. Actual measurements are 32 7/8" tall and 12" wide. I get only slight rubbing on the plastic at the back of the fender at full lock with a touch of articulation. My setup sits as flush as can be with only the sidewall outside the fender. I like this because the water base paint that the EPA now requires will vacate rather quickly without fender flares lol. I hope this helps brother.

Thanks Frank!

I've been doing more research and it seems like a 6" lift might be more trouble than its worth, mostly because i have a boat i tow often every summer. I'm finding i'd need to do something with the gears and axles or something, thats all brand new territory for me.

I originally started down this road when i wanted to level the truck because it wasnt super expensive, but then i found a motofab 3" lift in the front with a 2" lift in the back for the same price as the level i was going to get, but found that was maxing out the upper control arms and started looking at a 3-4 inch lift, but found 6" lifts were a little more, but need steering stabilizers and leafs and all sorts of other stuff.

So now i'm thinking a 3-4 inch lift. Will i have the same issues with this as i would a 6" lift?

And back to wheels and tires, anyone using 20x9 or 20x10 Fuel Assaults on a 2017 Silverado 1500? Which one, which offset, and how far do they stick out passed the fender? Are spacers needed? Which tires are you running?

• Thanks 1

20x12 moto metal -44 offset

33x12.50 Atturo

6in lift

Rubs at full turn on inner plastic only when backing up on a uneven surface

plastic below front bumper was trimmed a little

25488119_1762676010418988_5830153173045687074_o.jpg

• Like 2

qoYXao6.jpg2018 Silverado Custom Crew 5.3 at stock height, will be lowering the rear soon to level it out.  New 22" reps as of 4 hours ago on 305 40 22s

Edited by Camaroboi13
pic not showing
  • Like 2

Just for poops and giggles I picked up a set of stock 18" wheels with some worn out Goodyear SRA's. Took off the stock 20" LTZ wheels that had Fallen Wildpeak ATW3's 275/60/20's in a P rated XL load rating. I was convinced the 20" wheels were part the culprit of my rough ride. 

Now my plan is to use my Bora 1.5" spacers and get some new tires, either 32" or 33". By going down to a 18" I figured I could smooth out the ride with more sidewall. Let me tell ya that these worn out 265/65/18's ride super nice. Way better than the 20's. They don't look as nice but after feeling the difference I don't care. 

I'm actually hoping to trade someone my 20's for stock 17's or get some Method 17's. You guys with your 20" and even some 22" wheels sure make your trucks look tough but I realize it's not for me lol. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just got new tires, Falken Wildpeak AT3w's, 305/55/20. So far, have about 400 miles on them and they ride great! Rubs only at full lock when in reverse, nothing major and I haven't trimmed or tied anything back. 

New tires_Falken Wildpeak AT3s_305-55-20_04.jpg

New tires_Falken Wildpeak AT3s_305-55-20_03.jpg

New tires_Falken Wildpeak AT3s_305-55-20_02.jpg

New tires_Falken Wildpeak AT3s_305-55-20_01.jpg