Driver Alert Package Question

I can't feel the probes in the seat until they go off. I find them annoying, particularly when backing into the garage or certain parking spots, but they are useful. I think they would be especially useful for those who can't drive without their phone in their face.

I'm 240 and I cant feel them at all, unless they vibrate. I've even pressed on the seat with my hands and can't feel the sensors. May be a running change in the depth in the seat. My build date is 1/2015 .

X2.

I'm around 240-250 lbs and find the driver alert seat very comfortable.

I have the front and rear sensors and rear vision camera on my SLT without the driver alert package. It was part of the "SLT Preferred Package". I'm pretty sure they come standard on the Denali.

X2.

I'm around 240-250 lbs and find the driver alert seat very comfortable.

I have the front and rear sensors and rear vision camera on my SLT without the driver alert package. It was part of the "SLT Preferred Package". I'm pretty sure they come standard on the Denali.

Driver alert package (Y65) is an option on 2015 Denali.

• 2 years later...

I'm 250 and can't feel them. Had them for 3 years in my 2017 Z71 and just bought a new GMC Sierra with them.

Both were the premium seats with leather and have heat and cooled seats. Feel great and have the air inflate lumbar also.

Get the truck with it Driver Alert Package, which adds the lane keep assist... I leave that off to due to all the construction area here. alert package really does help. You can trun the vibe motors off, I have my LED's & sound on.

First time the seat vibe motors came on I about jumped out of my skin, it was very aggresive too much for me, 185lbs.

What ever you do don't get the seats that vibrate...and if you think you want them ...test drive the vehicle for a few hours. myself and a few other owners got them and they are VERY VERY uncomfortable. GM has no approved fix and no idea what to do!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

Still trying to get a fix for this problem...brand new 50K truck has been back to the dealership three times and they still have no idea what to do

GM is aware but you can imagine how slow that is going.

If you don't get the vibrating seats you still get a beep alert so you do not loose anything except for uncomfortable seats.

REMEMBER - TEST DRIVE THE VEHICLE FOR A FEW HOURS OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!

I have 20k miles on mine and like the seats just fine.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a 2017 Ultimate with the driver alert system thing. Just turned it on this morning and the lane keep system freaked me out.....the silly thing actually turns the steering wheel on its own to center you back up in your lane!!! you can actually let it steer itself down the road as long as the lines are clearly marked. Dangest thing I have ever seen LOL. The manual says it will apply the brakes for you too if you approach another car too quickly but I have not tried that yet. Technology is great but I will never trust it completely, my luck a sunspot will hit and knock out the system right when I need it most.

I just picked up a 2017 Ultimate with the driver alert system thing. Just turned it on this morning and the lane keep system freaked me out.....the silly thing actually turns the steering wheel on its own to center you back up in your lane!!! you can actually let it steer itself down the road as long as the lines are clearly marked. Dangest thing I have ever seen LOL. The manual says it will apply the brakes for you too if you approach another car too quickly but I have not tried that yet. Technology is great but I will never trust it completely, my luck a sunspot will hit and knock out the system right when I need it most.

11k miles here, lane keep assist is damn cool.

Actually this truck is the cats meow...........

Only blind spot assistance you're going to get is your eyes.

-Skeet

Thought so too until the yellow light in the Impala mirror lit when my eyes didn't see a thing..........turned out to be some moron coming up on my blind spot at night in a heavy mountain fog with no lights......couldn't fool the radar.

Same said for the Malibu which has the upgraded POS auto braking system, but does have a useful forward pedestrian alert which can pickup night joggers and deer on roadside before the headlamps.

Not that they ever helped to avert a problem, but nice to know they are there. The radar systems used for forward and side alerts and the rear cross traffic detection are not necessary, but helpful at times......the forward camera system with object recognition software for auto braking, collision avoidance, and lane change alerts is a POS and under certain circumstances the Malibu's auto steering part of the lane change alert used to automatically kick the steering wheel back into the lane is downright dangerous.

Archived