2003 GMC Sierra No Brake Lights

I am not sure if I am posting in the wrong place...so I am sorry if that's the case. I have a 2003 Sierra on which I had the heating coil replaced last month. A couple of days after the vehicle was returned to me I noticed that the cruise control stopped working. Last week my wife was following me home and noticed that I did not have any brake lights (all 3 brake lights not working, but signals and tail lights are fine). I checked all of the obvious things (fuses, pedal switch, and bulbs) and found that I had 12v on both sides of the fuse, but nothing at all in the switch plug. I found a schematic and realized that the only way this could happen is if the wire from the main fuse box to the switch has lost connection somewhere. So I traced the wire from the switch back and found that the mechanic who replaced my coil did not plug the brake switch back in. My problem is that I cannot find where it goes. For clarification, it is the wire that comes off of the switch on the brake pedal. It runs up behind the dash (I had to take most of the dash apart to find it), just under the top dash cover, and runs horizontally across the dash to about the center ofo the dash and stops. I have looked all over that area and many others but I cannot find anywhere for it to plug in to. I have looked for pictures online and cannot find anything. Please someone point me in the right direction here. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I am not sure if I am posting in the wrong place...so I am sorry if that's the case. I have a 2003 Sierra on which I had the heating coil replaced last month. A couple of days after the vehicle was returned to me I noticed that the cruise control stopped working. Last week my wife was following me home and noticed that I did not have any brake lights (all 3 brake lights not working, but signals and tail lights are fine). I checked all of the obvious things (fuses, pedal switch, and bulbs) and found that I had 12v on both sides of the fuse, but nothing at all in the switch plug. I found a schematic and realized that the only way this could happen is if the wire from the main fuse box to the switch has lost connection somewhere. So I traced the wire from the switch back and found that the mechanic who replaced my coil did not plug the brake switch back in. My problem is that I cannot find where it goes. For clarification, it is the wire that comes off of the switch on the brake pedal. It runs up behind the dash (I had to take most of the dash apart to find it), just under the top dash cover, and runs horizontally across the dash to about the center ofo the dash and stops. I have looked all over that area and many others but I cannot find anywhere for it to plug in to. I have looked for pictures online and cannot find anything. Please someone point me in the right direction here. Thanks for any help you can provide.

You take it back to him , it's called a "comeback" not your problem

Archived