Driver Seat "Moving"?

OK, I searched and didn't find anything (at least no titles that jumped out at me as covering this) so I'm starting a thread to ask it.

I noticed about two days ago that it seems my seat (driver seat) has developed a slight "movement". I started noticing it that when I was turning right, I would feel a slight 'rock' to the left and turning to the left it'd rock back to the right (less than a quarter inch but noticeable). Then I noticed when coming to a copy it seems it moves to the front just a hair and then when I take off from a stop it moves slightly (again, less than a quarter inch) to the rear. At a stop light today I 'rocked' back and forth (left/right) in the seat and, yes, I could feel it moving.

Anyone else experienced such? It's like something suddenly came loose. No, I haven't looked underneath yet (just haven't had the chance).

It's a '15 LT with just over 5300 miles on it so I'm at the "what the heck?!?" stage for a truck so new. Obviously still under warranty and the next time it's in for service I will tell them about it but I thought I'd post here as many of you are pretty knowledgeable about recalls or tech/service bulletins, etc., and didn't know if it might be a "known issue" that sometimes come up. Does have the power seat.

Any ideas?

If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/154219-seat-movement-issues/

Oh thanks. That's what I was looking for earlier - a thread that was already started. Somewhat glad to know it isn't only me but frustrating it's an issue at all. 58 pages in that thread so I'll go to the end and work my way back and see what I see, since it was started in 2013 and hopefully something has changed/developed since those original posts.

Thanks for pointing me to that; guess I didn't use the right search terms or something because I didn't see it earlier in my search.

There's a slight movement in my '16 seat but further examination using masking tape reveals it's not in the gear train of 10 way driver's seat mechanism but rather motion within the leather seat cushioning itself. Not all the time, but occasionally on a fast start or stop and a very minor annoyance. I don't plan to bother with it because some things are best left alone and the cure worse than the ill.

And maybe that's why I don't feel any of the much maligned Chevy vibration......my a$$ informs me the ride is smooth and comfortable...

• Like 1

Oh thanks. That's what I was looking for earlier - a thread that was already started. Somewhat glad to know it isn't only me but frustrating it's an issue at all. 58 pages in that thread so I'll go to the end and work my way back and see what I see, since it was started in 2013 and hopefully something has changed/developed since those original posts.

Thanks for pointing me to that; guess I didn't use the right search terms or something because I didn't see it earlier in my search.

You're welcome. I figured I would jump in before some of our more hostile members reamed you for not doing a proper search. Towards the end of the thread there is a do-it-yourself fix that seems to work. Apparently, GM is baffled by this problem and can't come up with a lasting solution.

• Like 1

My 16 did it. Dealer fixed it. And now sloooolwy starting again. Ohh yeah my 14 did it too. You would think someone would flag this ..guess they like service work

Thanks, all, for the responses! I haven't been able to get on here since last night but I see all of the replies today. Looks like I'm going to try the hose clamp fix, too.

i got my truck (2014 silverado) a little over a month ago and noticed the seat movement.

i saw this thread (and the other long thread!) and then contacted the dealership i bought the truck from

since the truck is still under 60,000 kms it's still covered under the bumper to bumper warranty - so it will go in next week to get fixed - so that makes me happy

:)

i do personally think it shouldn't even be a 'warranty issue' since obviously the build of the seat isn't correct. they should just do a general recall and fix the problem