I used the Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 part 2000 to limit V4 mode to over 55mph. I had the GM Borla exhaust (with flapper) dealer installed right after I bought the 6.2 8spd truck and to me at low speeds the exhaust note change from V8 to V4 was annoying. As others have stated in V4 it kind of sounds like a helicopter has perched on your tailgate. Exhaust is pretty cool though I like the way it just rumbles a little bit, not real loud (you might be a redneck if you exhaust wakes the dead LOL)

• Like 2

If you have corsa exhaust it doesn't have the flapper...I asked them about this as both my Sierra and Yukon have the corsa and it pissed me off at 1st...they said all a flapper will do is restrict exhaust and they would never do that to their system.

• 2 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

So its almost two weeks now and I still drive around in Range Selection/M mode, M7 when I am driving around town. Highway in M8. Haven't had any issues with It switching to V4 mode at all. Stayed in V8 and had full power all the times. No more hesitation. No more bogging. I am happy with Range Selection. No worrying about an OBDII device draining my battery if I dont drive for 2-4 days. And I still have my factory warranty (currently at 924 miles) so a Black Bear tune isn't in sight yet :(

Overall, I give my workaround a thumbs up!!!

• 3 years later...