I dont know. Where ya gonna get a LTZ or Denali without much down for $300 month. Maybe a base model... A Denali with $15k down is like $425/month lease..  Its cheaper to keep it and fix it than it is to lease. But lease vs purchase is a WHOLE different debate... I dont wanna start that one... Bottom like is you have to do what makes you feel better. I have 95k on my 14 LTZ. I replaced my condenser myself and other than mods and normal maintenance, its been awesome.

20190425_134548.jpg

Edited by RACERX7775
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

I dont know. Where ya gonna get a LTZ or Denali without much down for $300 month. Maybe a base model... A Denali with $15k down is like $425/month lease..  Its cheaper to keep it and fix it than it is to lease. But lease vs purchase is a WHOLE different debate... I dont wanna start that one... Bottom like is you have to do what makes you feel better. I have 95k on my 14 LTZ. I replaced my condenser myself and other than mods and normal maintenance, its been awesome.

20190425_134548.jpg

2014 Silverado crew cab LT with couple mods pretty soon it’ll have most of the LTZ features when I’m done with it...  Shit I love being able to say “this is my truck”’ I don’t plan on selling it anytime soon as I done fixed the biggest problem these trucks have which is the collapsed afm lifter deleting the afm/dod bullshit...  76000mile so it still has a lot of life 

9EAC5BF2-C6B8-4400-B73E-517E8E2808AD.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 2

I have a '17. Had the condenser replaced, 3 weeks later NO AIR AGAIN! They are now claiming it is the suction and discharge hoses. BOTH hoses somehow are now faulty after they take the system apart. HOW, can both hoses go bad in 3 weeks time when they were fine before they touched them? NOW, they are saying hoses are not covered under my warranty and it'll be 1100 dollars to fix!! Does anyone have this same issue? I am disabled and now they are trying to get 1100 dollars I simply do not have laying around!!! I am so disgusted!

9 minutes ago, William Mc said:

I have a '17. Had the condenser replaced, 3 weeks later NO AIR AGAIN! They are now claiming it is the suction and discharge hoses. BOTH hoses somehow are now faulty after they take the system apart. HOW, can both hoses go bad in 3 weeks time when they were fine before they touched them? NOW, they are saying hoses are not covered under my warranty and it'll be 1100 dollars to fix!! Does anyone have this same issue? I am disabled and now they are trying to get 1100 dollars I simply do not have laying around!!! I am so disgusted!

I have never heard of this before. You might need to go get a second opinion. The suction and discharge lines are only about $90 a piece. They're charging you for everything (vacuum, charge and refrigerant) all over again. Strange, very strange indeed.

22 hours ago, William Mc said:

Suggestion;  there a line on every P&L referred to as “Goodwill”.  It’s money budgeted for purpose to help customers with nonwarranty expenses.  There’s no strict guidelines on reasons to use it.  It’s up to whoever is responsible for managing the acct.  so, you might go back to your dealer, explain your situation, and ask if he could help you out with the expense.  Over the years I’ve often had good results when asking for some help.  A little tip though;  don’t go in with guns blazing and talking a bunch of whoop @$$.  That’s a guarantee for zero, nada, zilch assistance.  Anyway, practice a little in front of a mirror and then give it a go ?

On 8/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, Frankielozano214 said:

Fml I guess I have a leak!! It was working for about 7 days now ac is blowing out warm air again. Hope it’s nothing expensive ?

Probably the condenser, even if you do it yourself and go aftermarket to save a few bucks you are going to be spending a couple hundred at the very least. If your like me and dont have the time, skill or tools you are going to be looking at a grand give or take a hundred or two. I think the cheapest i have seen someone get one installed on here was like 6-700 bucks. 

• Like 1

Well I my mother n law is a store manager at a parts store so I got that hookup on the condenser, and gotta dude that checked it said he’ll install it for 80$ and vacuum recharge whatever it is to add the Freon, it’s a good shop so they ain’t making much off of people like the dealership it’s a shop ? they do body work mechanic work and AC work this is the back of the shop looks like a persons garage lol

4CBB8BF8-88F4-4B5C-B2D5-D0CDB1D0342C.jpeg

30 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Probably the condenser, even if you do it yourself and go aftermarket to save a few bucks you are going to be spending a couple hundred at the very least. If your like me and dont have the time, skill or tools you are going to be looking at a grand give or take a hundred or two. I think the cheapest i have seen someone get one installed on here was like 6-700 bucks. 

Yeah he said it was the condenser, I actually looked it up online how to install only takes an hour to install, most dealerships will charge u a lot more then an hour to do it saying they have to take more off to get to it.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, Frankielozano214 said:

Well I my mother n law is a store manager at a parts store so I got that hookup on the condenser, and gotta dude that checked it said he’ll install it for 80$ and vacuum recharge whatever it is to add the Freon, it’s a good shop so they ain’t making much off of people like the dealership it’s a shop ? they do body work mechanic work and AC work this is the back of the shop looks like a persons garage lol

4CBB8BF8-88F4-4B5C-B2D5-D0CDB1D0342C.jpeg

I actually like shops like that (as long as they have good references!) 

My A/C hasn't crapped out yet on my 2014 but in anticipation that it will one day, I'm wondering is there a consensus on which aftermarket condenser is the preferred choice? NAPA, O'Reilly, other?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brawls said:

I actually like shops like that (as long as they have good references!) 

My A/C hasn't crapped out yet on my 2014 but in anticipation that it will one day, I'm wondering is there a consensus on which aftermarket condenser is the preferred choice? NAPA, O'Reilly, other?

I just got one from a big parts store, hopefully I won’t have to do this again for a very long time ? shit the dude was gonna charge me 80$ to install and vacuum n recharge but I ended up making a deal with him and did a trade of a snapon locking flex head ratchet I found cost 166$ new was trying to get 90$ for it on OfferUp so I didn’t come out of pocket zero$$$ for anything. AC is ice cold ❄️ ? 

Edited by Frankielozano214

At 60k another Compressor bites the dust. not Condenser.

mine went out today with a lot of smell in the cabin and a lot of heat blowing at 102 degrees outside with 2 kids in the car. 

so anyway I pulled into a dealer and they said they can get the compressor in 2 days. will they warranty the work or the part?

from what Ive read the parts are bad and the problem will come up again. what to do?

Edited by Gofas
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Gofas said:

At 60k another Compressor bites the dust. not Condenser.

mine went out today with a lot of smell in the cabin and a lot of heat blowing at 102 degrees outside with 2 kids in the car. 

so anyway I pulled into a dealer and they said they can get the compressor in 2 days. will they warranty the work or the part?

from what Ive read the parts are bad and the problem will come up again. what to do?

They could put it in the system and see if GM will give you any assistance on it. But 100% coverage is a thing of the past. It's normally like 70/30

No love from GM. I called

them and they said 65k is about the time that their crappy parts will fail. Deleted remark, have to call my advisor, brakes 

So I got my truck out of the dealership and will go with a local mechanic that is aware of the AC r e-end locking up now:(problems with GM!

My local mechanic will replace condenser along with my compressor with other system

Parts for 900$

dealer only would only replace compressor for 1100$

I promise from here on out no

more dealer visits. 

Edited by Gofas
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gofas said:

No love from GM. I called

them and they said 65k is about the time that their crappy parts will fail and to go f* yourself.

So I got my truck out of the dealership and will go with a local mechanic that is aware of the AC problems with GM TRUCKS!

My local mechanic will replace condenser along with my compressor with other system

Parts for 900$

dealer only would only replace compressor for 1100$

I promise from here on out no

more dealer visits. 

Mines crapped out at 77,xxx miles not bad at all Ig, dealerships always taxes the most fr