• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:21 AM, Truston Gunter said:

I have a 2015 LTZ Z71 with 41,100 miles and seems like I am leaking refrigerant from the condenser. Really sad that this truck is having these kinda issues and of course, no help from the dealership. Warranty expired May of 201920190827_181648.thumb.jpg.05d2435b81b21ff5d766bb8cf9fd7665.jpg

20190827_181739.jpg

Sorry to confirm your suspicion, but yes yours is leaking.

If mechanically inclined you can replace yourself for under $200 including new refrigerant.

17 minutes ago, Truston Gunter said:

Thanks for the confirmation Dan!!! I went ahead and replaced it myself! Vacuum held for about 45min so I dont think there are any other leaks, I guess time will tell but in the mean time I got COLD AIR!!!!!!!

Good news indeed Truston   :thumbs:

Now we all have to get in line for the Brake Software Recall :nonod:

5 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Good news indeed Truston   :thumbs:

Now we all have to get in line for the Brake Software Recall :nonod:

Took my truck in today for an oil change and tire rotation. They did the brake update in about 10 mins.

Who else has had the "update" performed?

Did it make your truck worse or better?

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, Boomers said:

I had the brake update done on Friday, problem is worse, so now I have to wait for the recall to get brake booster replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wait for the recall to get the brake booster replaced? You mean the Vacuum Pump?

What year and mileage is your truck?

• 2 weeks later...

81k miles on my 2016 and the AC finally gave up today, it's been performing poorly for the last week or so.. Have an appt. with the Chevy dealer on Saturday for a diagnostic... Watched a youtube vid and it doesn't look terribly tough to DIY it but, what about the vacuum portion mentioned? What does that tool cost?

Just see if your clutch is locked while the ac is on. If not, there is no freon in the system. Look at the usual spot where the condenser leaks and see if there is any wet dust or dirt.  Price is about $200 for the whole job. I bought new o rings just for security. Which added about $40. Not needed. Auto Zone rents the pump and gauges for free.  SAVE THE DIAG FEE AT THE DEALER.

Edited by RACERX7775
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

Just see if your clutch is locked while the ac is on. If not, there is no freon in the system. Look at the usual spot where the condenser leaks and see if there is any wet dust or dirt.  Price is about $200 for the whole job. I bought new o rings just for security. Which added about $40. Not needed. Auto Zone rents the pump and gauges for free.  SAVE THE DIAG FEE AT THE DEALER.

Thanks for the info... Only a few hot days left here it looks like so I may just DIY it and borrow the tools like you suggested at Autozone..

22 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

I say go for it. It's pretty easy.

Yeah the videos sure make it look that way.. I'm slammed at work right now and have a lot going on at home so if I can get GM to pick up some of the tab it might be worth it for me to just pay the dealer to do it but, I ain't gonna pay $1300 that's for sure, I'll take a PTO day from work before I do that but, for $500ish I'd be happy to pay someone else to do it..

Edited by Imcrazy

• 3 weeks later...

Just spent 1400$ on a new complete system, compressor, condenser lines rings etc. at an independent dealer with 1 year warranty. The dealership wanted 900 for just compressor and no warranty.  My truck has 65k.

• 5 weeks later...

Mine gave up at 63,000. I ordered a new condenser off Rock Auto for $80. The hardest part about replacing the condenser is getting at all the bolts that hold the bracket at the top of rad and condenser. The rest was pretty damn easy. Borrowed gauges, vacuum pump, a jug of r134a from a guy I work with and charged the system back up. Running good now. No way would I oay ANYONE $1400 for this repair.