"Re"badged 2016 Silverado Regular Cab

Removed the "Dodge looking" 1500 and the door is definitely too bare for me with nothing on it. Any ideas on something to try that is longer than LS but shorter than Silverado?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, I like how they're painted to match.

Thanks!

How about SLS for "Silverado Luxury Sport"?

IMG_0498_zps9p8lbomo.jpg

Removed the "Dodge looking" 1500 and the door is definitely too bare for me with nothing on it. Any ideas on something to try that is longer than LS but shorter than Silverado?

Something SS inspired..........

post-168136-0-67938100-1498410239_thumb.jpg

Something SS inspired..........

attachicon.gifLSS.jpg

Thanks for the idea Krusty and if I knew how to do that I could have save a bunch of dough on badges!

Can you please explain how you did the tailgate? I'm curious as to how you went about aligning them to get them straight. Did you use new or repurpose the originals?

Can you please explain how you did the tailgate? I'm curious as to how you went about aligning them to get them straight. Did you use new or repurpose the originals?

Yes I can!

It was a pain trying to get new adhesive tape on the old letters so I just bought a new emblem which worked out great since it came affixed to a stiff plastic strip that keeps the letters aligned and spaced properly. After determining where I wanted the bottom of the emblem I taped a piece of 1/8" hardboard to the tailgate and measured each end numerous times from the bottom of the tailgate making sure the tape was plumb as well as held the exact same way each time since the surface is not flat. Once I got the hardboard level I marked the center point, marked the center point on the emblem strip and triple checked to make sure everything was correct. I then removed the backing, lined up the center marks, made sure all letters were flat on the hardboard before the adhesive touched and pressed it on. One thing to note is you want to tape the hardboard or whatever you use securely to make sure it doesn't move while attaching the emblem (that mistake nearly cost me 30 bucks but luckily I hadn't pushed too hard yet so I was able to peel it off). Almost forgot, be sure to use something to remove the wax/clean the surface so everything sticks securely,

IMG_0500_zps3koogocf.jpg

I used a similar method for the hood but basically eye balled it since there was not a flat reference point to guide me (those letters came individually so I used a piece of 1/8" hardboard as a spacer)

519875424_zpshaa0j6yv.jpg

?Very nice. Did you color match the tailgate handle on or removed from the truck?

Thanks and I completely disassembled the handle before painting (you can see it in my build thread here http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/193849-marv88-2016-silverado-ls-regular-cab-53l/ )

• 2 months later...

Just attaching a few new pics since Im still not sure if I am going to pay Photobuckets extortIon fee.

attachicon.gifIMG_0809.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0661.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0617.JPG

So, what is new. I thought you had done all of this already.

So, what is new. I thought you had done all of this already.

I did however photobucket has blocked all of the pictures in my threads so I am posting new ones (thread is pretty much useless without pics)

I did however photobucket has blocked all of the pictures in my threads so I am posting new ones (thread is pretty much useless without pics)

Ok, who are your friends that popped up selling all of the ugly shoes?

Archived