HISTORY:   This past weekend I went down to the family farm to cut firewood. 20K miles on a 2016 Silverado LT 5.3 6 speed, all stock, used 4H on snow and ice, and 4L on 1/4 mile dirt driveway that was a complete sheet of ice. I had to use 4L and kept the transmission in M1 and M2 and let the idle drive the truck because the lane was literally a solid sheet of smooth ice. I did not get above 10 miles an hour in 4H or 4L. An Equinox, Camry, F150 and an Avalon all had trouble getting up/down the lane. The Silverado in 4H and 4L performed impressively well on a driveway that could double as a figure skating rink. All of my transmission shifts were done from a complete stop, shifts from 4H to 4L and back were done in N. No issues.

Yesterday I left the farm and about 3 -4 miles into the 80 mile drive home, I caught a glimpse of the yellow Stabilitrak light quickly flash on and off. At first, I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me. A few miles later, it flashed again. It happened several times with no messages displayed on the DIC. The more I drove the more it happened then the "Service Stabilitrak" message began to show. 

The longer I own this truck, the more problems I see.....drivers seat base- replaced 2x, transmission clunks and harsh downshifts, exhaust flapper valve replaced, MyLink freeze ups/bluetooth connectivity issues, radio reception poor, dash rattle (dealer cannot replicate), G80 clunks and clanks when the wheels spin on snow/grass (dealer says its normal VIDEO HERE ), hesitation under acceleration...and now this....

Here is a video of what I am seeing:

SERVICE STABILITRAK MESSAGE VIDEO  

Anyone else have this issue?  Is this something I'm going to have to deal with every time I use 4 wheel drive, then have to pay the dealer to clear/reset the error message? I'm under warranty....wondering if I can buy an extension to my bumper to bumper warranty...at this rate I'm going to need it if I decide to keep this truck. As much as I hate the Furd brand, the F150s seem to be pretty good.

HISTORY:   This past weekend I went down to the family farm to cut firewood. 20K miles on a 2016 Silverado LT 5.3 6 speed, all stock, used 4H on snow and ice, and 4L on 1/4 mile dirt driveway that was a complete sheet of ice. I had to use 4L and kept the transmission in M1 and M2 and let the idle drive the truck because the lane was literally a solid sheet of smooth ice. I did not get above 10 miles an hour in 4H or 4L. An Equinox, Camry, F150 and an Avalon all had trouble getting up/down the lane. The Silverado in 4H and 4L performed impressively well on a driveway that could double as a figure skating rink. All of my transmission shifts were done from a complete stop, shifts from 4H to 4L and back were done in N. No issues.

Yesterday I left the farm and about 3 -4 miles into the 80 mile drive home, I caught a glimpse of the yellow Stabilitrak light quickly flash on and off. At first, I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me. A few miles later, it flashed again. It happened several times with no messages displayed on the DIC. The more I drove the more it happened then the "Service Stabilitrak" message began to show. 

The longer I own this truck, the more problems I see.....drivers seat base- replaced 2x, transmission clunks and harsh downshifts, exhaust flapper valve replaced, MyLink freeze ups/bluetooth connectivity issues, radio reception poor, dash rattle (dealer cannot replicate), G80 clunks and clanks when the wheels spin on snow/grass (dealer says its normal 
 ), hesitation under acceleration...and now this....

Here is a video of what I am seeing:

Anyone else have this issue?  Is this something I'm going to have to deal with every time I use 4 wheel drive, then have to pay the dealer to clear/reset the error message? I'm under warranty....wondering if I can buy an extension to my bumper to bumper warranty...at this rate I'm going to need it if I decide to keep this truck. As much as I hate the Furd brand, the F150s seem to be pretty good.
I can say I have never had this problem and I use 4h and 4l a lot for about 6 months out of the year in ice and snow. The little yellow light is nothing to worry about because it will always come on and go off when the rear tires are slipping. Now since you also got the service on the dash then just take it in. It could be just a sensor or more but just have them fix it. I have never liked going to a dealer and messing with them so I bought a scan tool to just figure it out before I go and deal with them. Hopefully they will fix it without issue.

I had no yellow Stabilitrak light come on until the drive home in 2WD.  Even when I was in 4HI on the ice, I avoided wheel spin by keeping the transmission in M1 or M2 depending on the pitch of the road.

Dropped it off this morning and showed them the video. They scanned it while I was checking in. No codes were stored. They called me 2 hours later, could not reproduce the error message, could not find anything wrong other than a ground that appeared to be loose and had some undercoating/fillm between the washer and the frame. They cleaned it up and applied dielectric grease.  Hoping that was the problem.

Mine came on today.   Last week I was in 4 wheel drive Hi when I parked.   When I started the truck I tried to switch back into 2WD and the DIC said "Service 4 Wheel Drive."   It would not change back to 2WD.  I then (after some google) put in N and switched to 4 LO.   It shifted.   I then was able to move to 2WD.     

Was fine for a little over a week.   Then today I got:   "Service Stabilitrak".  and... "Steering Assist Reduced,  Drive with Care".   The truck is at the dealer.   Been most of the day.   Still no word.    2017 1500 with 14,000 miles.

14 hours ago, Rukus said:

Mine came on today.   Last week I was in 4 wheel drive Hi when I parked.   When I started the truck I tried to switch back into 2WD and the DIC said "Service 4 Wheel Drive."   It would not change back to 2WD.  I then (after some google) put in N and switched to 4 LO.   It shifted.   I then was able to move to 2WD.     

Was fine for a little over a week.   Then today I got:   "Service Stabilitrak".  and... "Steering Assist Reduced,  Drive with Care".   The truck is at the dealer.   Been most of the day.   Still no word.    2017 1500 with 14,000 miles.

I responded in a few of your other threads.  These are known issues with TSB's to address them.

Archived