Does the Door skin need to be removed in order to pull full harness out???

Pulled off the entire door panel. Had to snake the harness out. It’s a bit of a pain in the balls. Just take note of the orientation of the harness and how it was routed originally. I’m sorry for the delay! I’m sure you got it done already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Reviving this thread a little bit.  My 2015 Sierra thought my driver door was always open, and none of the windows would roll down from the driver module (windows would roll down from the actual door).  I looked through the wiring harness and found the green/yellow was broken so I patched that and put everything back together.  Now all the windows will roll down from the driver door except for the driver window, and now my pickup thinks the driver door is always closed.  Is the issue probably with the window motor, or I read potentially the window switch?  Trying to avoid going to the dealership to pay 5x what I could repair at home.  Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...

Sooo I know this thread is outdated by a few years but I was just having the same issue with my 2014 Silverado. Rear driver door ajar message, couldn't control the window from the driver controls and the dome light would stay on (as if the door was open...) anyway, after a little help from Google I found my issue and also the solution. It was a green wire that broke in the Accordion boot between the door and cab of the truck. On mine it was broke on the door end of the wiring and I had just sliced the boot open, used a wiring butt-connector to connect the ends back to one another and then used electrical tape to wrap it up and super glued the slice I made in the boot and bam. No more issues

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just to revive this topic once more,  I found that s3veral wires inside of the boot leading to the drivers door were frayed. I taped them and also discovered that the main hot wire (the black one) was broken off at the terminal inside of the connector.  I managed a temporary fix by jamming another piece of wire in there to hold the connection until it warmed up enough to replace the whole harness. It worked for awhile until I got a spark out of that wire. Prior to this only the driver window was affected and all others worked from the driver controls. After the short, none of the windows work from any of the controls and the door ajar light stayed on. I just replaced the entire harness and the windows still don't operate. I know I fried something, but the question is what.  The childlock buttons still work and I have control over the side mirrors. The fuse is good so I either cooked the switch or the motor/control module.  I'm not sure which to start with. The vehicle is a 2014 Silverado 1500 LT.  Any help would be appreciated.