My wife and I were going to have a picnic by the ocean so went on a sandy (beach sand) road, meant for off road vehicles only. I switched to 4 Hi and while drove in the sand at less than 10mph. After about 5 minutes or so I had warnings of "service ESC" and "steering assist is reduced, drive with care". The truck, which is a 2019 Trail Boss, performed fine and I did not notice any difference in handling. I tried taking off the traction control, putting the truck in park, shutting the truck off for a while, but still the lights stayed on. The lights went off after driving about 5 minutes in 2 Hi. I also recieved emails from OnStar "there is an issue with the ABS system" and "there is an issue with Stabilitrack traction control". I don't think this is normal so it is at the dealer now. They said the initial results are the yaw sensor triggered for some reason...I don't think this is normal, the truck has 800 miles on it, but any ideas what this is or what it means? Thanks. 

I received the truck back today and no intervention was needed. They said it was due to offroading and the angles the truck was at maybe. I wasn't driving too hard and ¹¹ said it could come back on but aslong as it goes off there is no issue...so does this mean anytime I go off road the lights will come on, that seems crazy, the truck should be able to handle off road challenges it's a "trail boss"...

My 18’ has electrical steering as well. The vacuum pump controls the brakes. When my pump failed it gave the same 2 codes you got, BUT I also got a service ABS as well. Weird response about off reading tho. I guess I may understand if you were jumping it or doing extreme angles, but I doubt that...

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 10:23 AM, cr250Silverado said:

My 18’ has electrical steering as well. The vacuum pump controls the brakes. When my pump failed it gave the same 2 codes you got, BUT I also got a service ABS as well. Weird response about off reading tho. I guess I may understand if you were jumping it or doing extreme angles, but I doubt that...

Exactly, I wasn't going crazy the truck is new! Well I'll keep an eye on it. That's sucks your vacuum pump failed - at what mileage did that occur? Thanks for the input. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got the same thing on my 2021 trail boss. But it was after 4 days of on and off 4lo 4 hi on forest roads to find camping. Warning lights never came on until I was driving 70 mph in 2 wheel drive going over rumble strips on the freeway which was under construction. Any recommendations?