Running Boards & Bed Liner

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get some running boards and a spray in bed liner for my 2017 Silverado Crew Cab.  Was hoping to get some recommendations and info on pricing.  What are the best products at the best prices?  I am looking to get all of this professionally installed.

Thanks for any tips or advice!

I just had a spray on liner done at the dealership I bought the truck from. The brand they use is Toff and it has a lifetime warranty. They were going to charge $575 to do it but the sales people had told me it was $495 and so the body shop matched that price. $495 is the price that the GMC Accessories page says the spray on liner costs so you may be able to have your dealership do the same. 

$495 is what I paid from Line-X as well, seems about the going price, but like said above shop around for prices in your area. For another $100 Line-X offers UV protection guaranteed to never fade.  I went for it, but not quite sure how something deep black can never fade when sitting outside in the summer sun for 10+ years, but we'll see and I don't think fading is covered under the lifetime warranty.

I would go to my dealership and see what they can do for you.  Ask your salesman as well.  Many do not have good relationships with their dealerships (some with good reason) but if you have a decent connection, they may give you a break.  My dealer promotes the oem GM running boards but will supply and install many brands.  (I have the less expensive, but perfectly functional Aeries brand) I am not a fan of permanent bed liners and use a $60 bed mat from gm as well as a gm tailgate protector. As mentioned before, running boards are not difficult to install so not a huge labor cost if you are unable to do the work.  I've seen some tempting deals online for oem take-offs!

23 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I would go to my dealership and see what they can do for you.  Ask your salesman as well.  Many do not have good relationships with their dealerships (some with good reason) but if you have a decent connection, they may give you a break.  My dealer promotes the oem GM running boards but will supply and install many brands.  (I have the less expensive, but perfectly functional Aeries brand) I am not a fan of permanent bed liners and use a $60 bed mat from gm as well as a gm tailgate protector. As mentioned before, running boards are not difficult to install so not a huge labor cost if you are unable to do the work.  I've seen some tempting deals online for oem take-offs!

Donstar what has been about the going rate for the take offs? I am thinking about (very preliminary thinking mind you) about doing the power steps from Amp. I was just curious what you had seen on the market as to how much I could put back into the Amp purchase. 

14 minutes ago, SippiSierra said:

Donstar what has been about the going rate for the take offs? I am thinking about (very preliminary thinking mind you) about doing the power steps from Amp. I was just curious what you had seen on the market as to how much I could put back into the Amp purchase. 

I am not a good person to ask as I deal with Cdn. $ !  However, there is a brand new set of oem 6" boards off a two week old truck listed close by for $500.  I saw a similar deal for $400 a few weeks ago.  If I wanted to go wit a set that had some normal wear and tear, I believe $200 would be about the right price.  

There are several options for spray in bed-liners that are nearly equivalent in quality. You should pay right around $500 for a short bed. It all depends what's available nearby. Proper technique in bed prep is the key, you should be able to find out how your shop does it. And talk to them about if they are leaving the plugs in or taking them out. Its a PITA if you decide to remove the plugs after they sprayed over them.

I had it done by my dealer, but they just drove it across town to an accessories dealer I could have gone to myself. 

By the way, mine is Bullet, I have no complaints after almost 3 years of use, but Line-X is also very popular here.

Edited by aseibel

I went with Line-X color match for my bed liner, a little more expensive I think around $650, but it is something different than just black. Plus you get a lifetime warranty with Line-X if it ever scratches, chips, fades, etc you can take it to any Line-X dealer and have it fixed. 

I also went with Black Horse running boards, very nice quality and very good pricing. I had those covered in Line-X and paid $275 for the pair, well worth it for the protection against rock chips and the added grip.

20 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I am not a good person to ask as I deal with Cdn. $ !  However, there is a brand new set of oem 6" boards off a two week old truck listed close by for $500.  I saw a similar deal for $400 a few weeks ago.  If I wanted to go wit a set that had some normal wear and tear, I believe $200 would be about the right price.  

Ah! I see the British Columbia in your bio there now haha. I was thinking around $250 and let them haggle me down to around $200. Mine are in good shape but do have the wear and tear of 55,000 miles. Side note and do not mean to thread jack but my father lives in Seattle, WA and owns a 48' Tollycraft yacht. We went many times on my summer vacations into BC, Victoria being the main place that comes to mind. Beautiful country up there. 

Also I have a Line-X liner on my truck. Bed prep is key on that set up. My local shop here in Mississippi did it for 435 taxes included and it has held up wonderfully. 

I went with Line-X and then ordered 6" running boards off Amazon. iBoard is the brand, aluminum so they won't rust out and they were right at $200 shipped. took an hour to put them on with hand tools

Edited by Hogtiming