Radio display and clock reboots/ resets

DanG

Question

I have an io3 in a 2016 Colorado.  It either starts up well in the morning or repeatedly reboots.  Rebooting has lasted up to 2 days before.  It has been reprogrammed and more recently the control panel replaced.  Rebooting is down to about 2 days a week and can last up to 15 minutes.  It can end on the radio screen, the home screen or the clock only.  It can reset nothing, reset the clock, and/ or reset the station presets.  Lately, it's just reset the clock.  Any help is appreciated.  Dealer is currently waiting for an answer from GM.  What could be wrong?  

Update:  Dealer received word from GM.  This is a known problem with no known fix.  No further attempt at repair.

Edited by DanG
new information from manufacturer

1 answer to this question

I saw a very similar problem on a friends Colorado. It only happened when it was very cold out. I'm talking under 10°F. They changed the module, the harness and the steering wheel buttons. Then they recieved a call from their tech line and they said to replace the GPS memory card. So they did that & It ended up being the problem.

Hope it helps! KMF Lancaster Ny.