Tempted by the 2018 Silverado deals

There are still some dealers in my area still honoring the 18% off MSRP on the 2018 Silverado's. I have driven two different 2018 Z71 LT Crew Short Box Silverado's this past week, and I do like the power, room, and how the truck feels on the road when compared to my 2016 Colorado Z71. I'm still debating, going back and forth on if I should trade in my 2016, I did get one dealer to sign their purchase agreement that they would pay off my Colorado since I still owe about $26K on it and they would also toss in the spray-in bedliner for the Silverado that has to be done at the dealer.

6 hours ago, captainzombie said:

There are still some dealers in my area still honoring the 18% off MSRP on the 2018 Silverado's. I have driven two different 2018 Z71 LT Crew Short Box Silverado's this past week, and I do like the power, room, and how the truck feels on the road when compared to my 2016 Colorado Z71. I'm still debating, going back and forth on if I should trade in my 2016, I did get one dealer to sign their purchase agreement that they would pay off my Colorado since I still owe about $26K on it and they would also toss in the spray-in bedliner for the Silverado that has to be done at the dealer.

The good deals on the 18's will only get better!  The question is if the increased debt will outweigh the enjoyment and/or any benefits from a new truck.  I am currently struggling with a similar dilemma.  Good luck with your decision!

• Like 2

The good deals on the 18's will only get better!  The question is if the increased debt will outweigh the enjoyment and/or any benefits from a new truck.  I am currently struggling with a similar dilemma.  Good luck with your decision!

I don’t think the deals will get much better. But they will continue to be around. $15-17k off 4x4/Z71 LT’s is killer price. Knowing that. I would shop around, and make sure it’s during the rebates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe we'll see better deals yet on the 18's but the selection will be increasingly more limited.  Sometimes it is possible to pass up a great deal.  My salesman  once said that good deals will come around again suggesting not to settle for an 18 if it is not the truck I want.

• Like 1

Honestly, this is probably the best value right now. The 2019s are first model years which means there will be occasional bugs/issues that get worked out, whereas the 2018s are the last model year of this style meaning that they're likely as good as they're gonna get. 

If I were in the market for a new car I'd be all over the 2018 close-out deals. I like the 2019s but I don't think they're worth the premium over the crazy deals on 2018s right now. If you look around you get get a 2018 for $10-$12k less than a similarly equipped 2019 - and that's a hell of a lot of money. 

The other day I saw a 2018 Denali Ultimate for $53k somewhere, the 2019s are going to be $65k. And that's without any negotiating at all.

EDIT: I realize how silly this sounds since I have a 2014 - literally first model year. Ironically before that, I had a 2007, again, first model year. But both those times circumstances gave me deals that were otherwise not possible. If I were buying from a dealership I'd be looking real hard at the 2018s.

Edited by therapy

I even saw this Z71 2LT today at a dealer's web site, but the price seems way too good to be true due to some of the rebates are ones that appear to be out of reach.

http://www.castlechevycars.com/inventory/new-2018-chevrolet-silverado-1500-2lt-4wd-crew-cab-pickup-3gcukrec6jg376640

I don't know what it is with the Colorado's at the moment, but they really are holding up their value very well.

I like the new features for the 2019's, but no way I would be willing to buy this truck in it's first year. I kind of wish I would of waiting for the 2017's when I bought my Colorado, there were some changes to the engine and trans, especially the trans which is huge.

Edited by captainzombie

I agree that if you find an '18 that meets or exceeds your needs(wants) then you will get a great deal.  However, settling for a truck that isn't really the one you want because you got a killer deal will soon lose its appeal.  Paying more for a '19 isn't such a poor idea if you get all that you want.  The 19 will also demand a considerably higher trade in value in the future.  I am personally very motivated to buy an 18 because of the great deals but saving money on a truck that I wouldn't normally choose would be a poor decision.  OP currently is gaining equity in his current truck and if he misses out on the 18's all will not be lost.

I ended up Getting the deal done last night on a 2018 Silverado LT Z71 in graphite gray color. Their MSRP was at around $49k, with incentives and some wheeling and dealing I got them to around $38.5k before financing. They pretty much paid off my 2016 Colorado and I was able to get them to throw in the spray on bed liner. It feels like I got a good deal and I never gave in to them trying to rip me off which is what they were trying to do at first.

Now I need to sell my Bakflip MX4 from the Collie and look at getting one for the Silverado. What are also some decent step bars that won’t break the bank?

1ECD670F-6FFD-43F0-93CC-38EBAE5EB32C.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, captainzombie said:

I ended up Getting the deal done last night on a 2018 Silverado LT Z71 in graphite gray color. Their MSRP was at around $49k, with incentives and some wheeling and dealing I got them to around $38.5k before financing. They pretty much paid off my 2016 Colorado and I was able to get them to throw in the spray on bed liner. It feels like I got a good deal and I never gave in to them trying to rip me off which is what they were trying to do at first.

Now I need to sell my Bakflip MX4 from the Collie and look at getting one for the Silverado. What are also some decent step bars that won’t break the bank?

Congrats!!

The GoRhino RB20's look great on the truck.  I got them for $330 shipped from CARID.

Rb20-1.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, captainzombie said:

Love that color. That’s the color I was originally looking at but was sold. 

Congrats!!

The GoRhino RB20's look great on the truck.  I got them for $330 shipped from CARID.
Rb20-1.jpg.007fcd7433e59c3f548d0f91e66c509e.jpg

Looks sweet! What tires and size is that setup you’ve got there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jchoi said:

Love that color. That’s the color I was originally looking at but was sold. 

Thanks! I was originally dead set on black until I saw this color and it made me open up to another option for a color.

5 hours ago, shadrickjm said:

Congrats!!

Rb20-1.jpg

Thanks! I will look at these on CARIDs site.

I was also tempted and gave in to a 2018 black double cab, LT, Texas edition. MSRP was 42,360. I got it for 30k flat. Not including TTL of course. Also got kbb trade value on my suv which I was happy with since they are usually high compared to anything a dealer uses. 4 miles on the odo, drove it home yesterday and loving it.

Edit: Congrats to OP, I wanted a Z71 with body colored bumpers / grill but couldn't afford a penny more, especially since finance rates seem to be going up.

Edited by batman900