Which lift kit to purchase?

Hello,

I currently have a 2015 Silverado ltz 4x4. A few months back i installed a "2.5" leveling kit and some 33 inch Trail grapplers. I feel that the truck just doesn't have the height and clearance that I would like. I feel like I am still driving a car even after the leveling kit. I am wanting to install a lift but I am unsure as to which one or size to go with. I know lift kits are a "get what you pay for" type deal and I want something that will last and not destroy my front end. I am also unsure as to which size to get? I do not want something crazy maybe a 4 inch suspension? I want something that will look good and not look too silly. If anyone has any insight into this I would greatly appreciate it. 

IMG_0043.jpg

23 minutes ago, Blakehyates said:

Hello,

I currently have a 2015 Silverado ltz 4x4. A few months back i installed a "2.5" leveling kit and some 33 inch Trail grapplers. I feel that the truck just doesn't have the height and clearance that I would like. I feel like I am still driving a car even after the leveling kit. I am wanting to install a lift but I am unsure as to which one or size to go with. I know lift kits are a "get what you pay for" type deal and I want something that will last and not destroy my front end. I am also unsure as to which size to get? I do not want something crazy maybe a 4 inch suspension? I want something that will look good and not look too silly. If anyone has any insight into this I would greatly appreciate it. 

IMG_0043.jpg

Zone 4.5" lift.  If you have $$$ to spend, then go for the BDS.

4 hours ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Two of the best options IMO are the Zone 4.5” and BDS 4”. They are sister companies also.

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

What type of bilstein/fox shocks are you running? 

I was happy w/ 33" nitto terra grapplers + 2.25" rear leaf blocks + bilstein 5100's all around fronts @ highest setting - amounted to total increase front 2.8" & rear like 1.75" I am running the tires @ 44psi FR 42psi R, 275/60R20

If I wanted higher personally wouldn't go more than 4-4.5" & would plan on adding UCA's into your budget.

What type of bilstein/fox shocks are you running? 

I was happy w/ 33" nitto terra grapplers + 2.25" rear leaf blocks + bilstein 5100's all around fronts @ highest setting - amounted to total increase front 2.8" & rear like 1.75" I am running the tires @ 44psi FR 42psi R, 275/60R20

If I wanted higher personally wouldn't go more than 4-4.5" & would plan on adding UCA's into your budget.

I have bilstein 5100s on the front (3rd setting) and Fox 2.0s on the rear

Instagram @wildchevys

Hello,

IMG_0043.jpg.672ef80070ba6450747b74fa7b8156f2.jpg

I like the look! Any more pics? I’m wanting to go your height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I wanted to go with the 4.5inch Zone. Which one do I choose? I believe I have the Forged steel UCA's but I wasn't sure if I needed to get new ones do to the angle? I see that this particular zone lift does not come with UCA's. I just want the truck to still ride good and not feel like a horse drawn carriage. 

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-4.5in-suspension-lift-kit-chevy-gmc-pickup/c27/c28#notes

3 hours ago, Blakehyates said:

So if I wanted to go with the 4.5inch Zone. Which one do I choose? I believe I have the Forged steel UCA's but I wasn't sure if I needed to get new ones do to the angle? I see that this particular zone lift does not come with UCA's. I just want the truck to still ride good and not feel like a horse drawn carriage. 

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-4.5in-suspension-lift-kit-chevy-gmc-pickup/c27/c28#notes

you do NOT need new UCA's and zone doesn't offer them for the K2 either. just make sure you order the kit that corresponds to the correct control arms you have

I have the Zone 4.5" and really like it. I changed my front and rear shocks out to Bilstein 5100's(5125 for rear technically, while the fronts are actually struts, and the fronts are at stock height).

I didn't feel like putting several thousand $$ into coilovers that would need servicing and shipping them...not interested.

I initially used the stock Rancho front struts and the rear Zone Nitro shocks. The first change was the rear Bilsteins and what a difference. I thought that the Nitros were too stiff, but they were actually too soft- they allowed too rapid of a cycle which caused a rough ride(GoPro cameras show quite alot).

Changing the fronts to Bilsteins improved the ride as well. Not as much of an improvemwnt as the rear IMO.

In hindsight I wouldn't change my mind about the Zone. The BDS is nice and comes with new front struts, but the same rear shocks that I trashed. The BDS does have high clearance front crossmembers and doesn't require cutting the rack and TRE's. The BDS does require more front diff clearance work as well.

Sent via Morse code

Do you think the zone 4.5 would look good with 33's? I see so many folks running 35's with these kits but my tires are fairly new and I dont want to get rid of them. 

ce938f979588cbd83a3ae0320203537a.jpg

97aa9ab52729692e3c05c0948976ad62.jpg

Zone 4.5 on 33s

Instagram @wildchevys

I believe people have done it with your UCAs, but it really depends on the tires. I have stamped and I clear barely with 275/60/20s. 

Zone 4.5, bilstein 5100 front stock height, fox 2.0 rear. 

The narrow 33s look a little on the small side, but not bad. I'm in the same boat, only 10k on the tires. Will be putting 34's or 35's on when they wear out, but they look fine for now. 

Edited by MBSierra17

12 minutes ago, MBSierra17 said:

I believe people have done it with your UCAs, but it really depends on the tires. I have stamped and I clear barely with 275/60/20s. 

Zone 4.5, bilstein 5100 front stock height, fox 2.0 rear. 

The narrow 33s look a little on the small side, but not bad. I'm in the same boat, only 10k on the tires. Will be putting 34's or 35's on when they wear out, but they look fine for now. 

I have the forged steel arms. I am looking at the zone 4.5 with the knuckles. 

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-4.5in-suspension-lift-kit-chevy-gmc-pickup/c27/c28

Is the ride quality horrible on the zone shocks? I am sure I can upgrade the shocks in the future but I just wasnt sure how bad it may be. 

Do you scrub with your 275/60/20's? Whats the issue you have?

3 hours ago, Blakehyates said:

Dang that looks good. I am running the stock 20inch LTZ wheels. Would I need wheel spacers with the zone kit?

thanks! i have stamped steel UCA's and my original plan was to run the stockers for winter however due to the design of the stamped steel UCA's the "nub" on them would rub the tire with the stock wheels. 

the zone shocks are pretty stiff and the rancho's suck, whats why i swapped to bilstein 5100s in the front and fox 2.0's in the rear

Edited by jimmyboy8301