2016 Silverado High Country Shocks and Tires HELP NEEDED!

Hello,

I'm new to the forums here and needed some assistance in replacing the shocks and tires on my new Truck.

I just recently purchased a 2016 Silverado High Country with 35k miles on it and after a week a driving it around I feel that it rides a little to stiff/bumpy for my liking. I know it's not supposed to ride like a Cadillac or an Audi or anything like that but my previous 2014 Sierra All Terrain seemed to ride pretty smooth. 

I have heard that replacing the stock tires and shocks can help with that issue but I have no clue as where to start. 

Was hoping some of you GM truck enthusiasts could help enlighten me as to which shocks and tires I should look into purchasing for an overall more comfortable ride. 

Thanks in advance

chevy2.thumb.jpg.21973c2b7bb98a2eb08a7894f7abb4c8.jpgchevy1.thumb.jpg.a56e81e375a0aff6f5dac2f69f1d2ca6.jpg

Hello,

I'm new to the forums here and needed some assistance in replacing the shocks and tires on my new Truck.

I just recently purchased a 2016 Silverado High Country with 35k miles on it and after a week a driving it around I feel that it rides a little to stiff/bumpy for my liking. I know it's not supposed to ride like a Cadillac or an Audi or anything like that but my previous 2014 Sierra All Terrain seemed to ride pretty smooth. 

I have heard that replacing the stock tires and shocks can help with that issue but I have no clue as where to start. 

Was hoping some of you GM truck enthusiasts could help enlighten me as to which shocks and tires I should look into purchasing for an overall more comfortable ride. 

Thanks in advance
chevy2.thumb.jpg.21973c2b7bb98a2eb08a7894f7abb4c8.jpgchevy1.thumb.jpg.a56e81e375a0aff6f5dac2f69f1d2ca6.jpg

Congratulations and welcome. Your HighCountry should be a comfortable ride if it hasn’t been tampered with such as leveled, doesn’t look leveled. A lot of times the stock shocks are blown which has happened to a great many people on this site. Something to think about is whether you’re going to possibly lift or level it in the future because you’ll likely be buying new shocks again. Bilstein 4600’s shocks are for stock height and 5100’s are for leveled or lifted due to the 5100’s having a couple inches more travel. Have you taken it into have it checked out cause it could be as simple as warranted shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 2016 4wd Texas LT with 6in lift. 

At 35000mi there was noticeable bumps and knocks coming from the front end. The dealership replaced the front Struts/shocks but at 45000mi same issue. 

Ill be going with the Bilstein 5100’s all the way around. 

• Like 1

I have the 2016 4wd Texas LT with 6in lift. 
At 35000mi there was noticeable bumps and knocks coming from the front end. The dealership replaced the front Struts/shocks but at 45000mi same issue. 
Ill be going with the Bilstein 5100’s all the way around. 

What’s the lift setup you’ve got and how’s the ride quality after you lifted it compared to stock? Im still debating lift height and make, leaning towards 4” BDS or ProComp

My current setup: 2018 CC, SLT 6.2 Z71. 2.25” front billet aluminum and 1” added block. Fuel +1 offset, 285/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Bilstein 5100’s all around, SuperChips tuned.

633359b159bca2b9faed2a155261e15f.jpg

c62518281bf7b6b27eadcbb5cadf05fc.jpg

6eb24aa30837b06944c00c5c0f587183.jpg

Lift is 6in Pro Comp on 20x35x12.50 Nitto trails. Definitely doesn’t ride like stock but judging from what I’ve read, I think the Bilstein 5100’s are far superior to stock.

• Like 1

Lift is 6in Pro Comp on 20x35x12.50 Nitto trails. Definitely doesn’t ride like stock but judging from what I’ve read, I think the Bilstein 5100’s are far superior to stock.

Absolutely correct and have excellent warranty too. I’m just looking to get a bit taller tire like a 65.

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

Absolutely correct and have excellent warranty too. I’m just looking to get a bit taller tire like a 65.

So should I be looking into getting a lift with the 5100 series bilsteins or see if the stock shocks are just blown?

So should I be looking into getting a lift with the 5100 series bilsteins or see if the stock shocks are just blown?

Under NO circumstances do you want to keep any of those stock shocks! Bilstein 5100’s struts up front 100% but only if you’re going to lift or level otherwise 4600’s will be for stock height. Question is, what are your plans, what are you going to be doing to your truck [emoji817]%???

10 hours ago, GMrideORdie said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Here is a rather simple question to address the stiff/bumpy ride.  Have you checked the tire pressure to see if they have them over-inflated ?   At over 40 psi, these trucks ride like crap.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Under NO circumstances do you want to keep any of those stock shocks! Bilstein 5100’s struts up front 100% but only if you’re going to lift or level otherwise 4600’s will be for stock height. Question is, what are your plans, what are you going to be doing to your truck emoji817.png%???

I have considered maybe giving it a small lift but have not fully committed to the idea yet. Otherwise I would just leave it as is and probably go with the 4600's at this point. Is it something that you would recommend to do? As in a lift with the 5100's?

I have considered maybe giving it a small lift but have not fully committed to the idea yet. Otherwise I would just leave it as is and probably go with the 4600's at this point. Is it something that you would recommend to do? As in a lift with the 5100's?

I’ve always enjoyed having my trucks and SUV’s raised a bit just to give them a bit more beefy look by either a full lift or leveling blocks and both with better shocks but changing the geometry of a suspension system is a toss up, sometimes you notice a smoother ride and sometimes it just feels more responsive/sport mode just by switching out to a higher quality shock. Personally, unless you’re into a more beefier looking truck I’d just keep it stock and change out the shocks to the yellow 4600’s and maybe switch out the tires to some smoother riding tires when you can.