Yes i just bought a 2015 gmc sierra in kentucky and the truck after purchase turns out the truck was from canada and i bass fish and when at the ramp i need to be able to turn my headlights off but apparently they have a law where the headlights stay on. Is this a programmed thing or is there something i can do to fix them. Any help would be much appreciated.

I don't know how to defeat the daytime running lights but have lived with them for many years.  I have also owned a boat for several of these years and am curious what problems you anticipate.  You may find this feature not to be a problem.

Not sure if the spring trick works on Canadian trucks but on US trucks anyway you can pull the switch apart and remove the return spring in it that causes it to spring back when turned to “off” (there’s a thread on here somewhere about this) otherwise I believe White Auto & Media can reprogram your BCM (export vehicles manual headlight control) you have to send it in to them and it’s 250 bucks but they can do other stuff as well so it’s a deal you’ll have to decide if it’s worth it to you or not. Phil the electrical guru on this site has a vid on YouTube on how to start the truck without the BCM so you can at least still drive it while it’s out.

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=94&category_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

I doubt it works on the new trucks, but on some older vehicles if you depressed the parking brake one click, it would allow the lights to stay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like mentioned above, you can purchase custom BCM programming from WAMS (www.whiteautoandmedia.com) but the truck can't run without the BCM.  What was mentioned above was for without the HMI.  You can also try this from Ben Tyler of BT Diesel Works

https://www.btdieselworks.com/collections/tuning/products/2015-2018-autosync