CAFE standards were frozen.
They weren’t eliminated.

Carmakers still have to meet current fleet mpg standards, just not the retarded “54 mpg fleet average by 2025” standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exactly right (old article here): https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/us-fuel-economy-standards-could-be-frozen-2021-lev-268060

The misinformation perpetrated by the mainstream media knows no bounds. :rolleyes:  There's a reason the term "fake news" is used so much today. Every one of the mainstream media (FOX INCLUDED) today is a propaganda outlet for leftist ideology.

Things don't get made better via government strong-arming. You know, the way capitalism is SUPPOSED to work. Everyone thinks if the government went away tomorrow, we'd regress back to dumping raw sewage in our lakes, and toxic waste in our rivers. IF government went away tomorrow, it would be the best thing the economy has ever seen since the American Revolution.

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

Exactly right (old article here): https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/us-fuel-economy-standards-could-be-frozen-2021-lev-268060

The misinformation perpetrated by the mainstream media knows no bounds. :rolleyes:  There's a reason the term "fake news" is used so much today. Every one of the mainstream media (FOX INCLUDED) today is a propaganda outlet for leftist ideology.

Things don't get made better via government strong-arming. You know, the way capitalism is SUPPOSED to work. Everyone thinks if the government went away tomorrow, we'd regress back to dumping raw sewage in our lakes, and toxic waste in our rivers. IF government went away tomorrow, it would be the best thing the economy has ever seen since the American Revolution.

I agree and disagree with you here.

Imo, all the regulations and laws are in effect because of people who can't just live their "free" life and leave other people "alone".

They say that kids need borders and "guidance" because they're depending on it. But the sad thing is that the same applies to adults.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2018-11-27 at 5:53 PM, j-ten-ner said:

The only reason what was holding back gas engines like the little four banger, was the limitations by the compression ratio and the available fuel.

With new technology, like the cooling system, they were able to squeeze more out of what's available on hand.

Here is a good example :

so long

j-ten-ner

• 4 months later...

Chevrolet has revealed its redesigned 2019 Silverado full-size pickup truck will offer a four-cylinder engine as the standard powerplant in select trims.

The 2.7L turbocharged motor will be the standard power source in LT and RST trims, displacing a 4.3L V6 that will remain as the base engine in lower-volume variants.

• 3 months later...

You're underselling it by refusing to compare it to the Ford 2.7L ... I drove them both, in fact I test drove everything on the market, coming from an '03 Ram and no favorite going in.

Needed to replace my daily driver and my truck with one vehicle instead of two because the kids are driving now, and I'm tired of playing driveway musical chairs in the winter.

Really wanted to like the Fords, really really ... but both ecoboosts took forever to spool, steering was mush, and the cabin was cramped.  Really wanted to like the 5.3L GM, but drove three different trucks with it, and it tripped over itself when I mashed the gas pedal in all three.  Loved the feel of the hemi, but the engineer in my head hated it.  Loved the feel of the GM 2.7L, and the engineer agreed.

I know the Ford gets better 0-60 times, but i don't care about that.  I need 0-30, 30-75, and passing umph.  Don't know if anyone charts those, but when I ask my shiny new Sierra for power I get a quick whistle, and then vroom!  Never the same snap from the Fords we tested.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2018 at 10:01 AM, Nanotech Environmental said:

For what it's worth, there have been quite a few on here that have made it past 130k no problem. My brother has an '11 with well over that and no issues.

No doubt solely due to using your snake oil, right?

Edited by MaverickZ71
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/26/2018 at 6:58 PM, Jsdirt said:

:lol: Exactly my thought, Grumpy. 

They can barely keep the simple 5.3 together for 100k these days ... and they expect us to believe 10x MORE complexity to get this tiny engine up to V8 standards is going to be just fine?

I ain't buyin' it .... literally and figuratively. 

Reviving this dead thread just to let you know you must be a knuckle dragging cave man.

• Haha 1

We've got a triggered snowflake in the house! ? Take your meds, MRTQ.

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all,

I'm here to tell you that the 2.7 turbo is the real deal. I bought it for the attention to low end tourque.  This truck is not for the weak at heart! This turbo is a beast off the line - if you want throttle this is it! If you want - smoke the tires -  do it, because it will. This small block 4 was assembled with the best of the best - steel. As one of the engineers said if example parts were seen on a desk - they looked like diamonds ?  All in house machined - even the piston arms. And all electric pumps- oil and water keep it all cool! I've left some bulky Dodge Rams in the dust - wondering, what the he'll just happened?

So if your looking for something FUN to drive - test  drive one and you will believe ? 

2020 North Sky Blue KJ Chevy

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If my Trail Boss Custom ever finds its way off the slow train from Fort Wayne,IN  to Santa Rosa NM I'll let ya know and show you the oil analysis ( in depth) to see how its functioning.  It will be running CENEX 85 octane regular up here at 9000'.  Oh my!  LOL  

• Like 2