Cargo containment?

What are you all using if anything to keep items you put in you bed from being scattered all over the place by the time you arrive home? I’m looking to see if there’s something that will help contain items like your typical Costco stuff (water, paper towels), Home Depot stuff (bags of ice melt, top soil) small suitcases, etc. towards the back end of the bed while driving. I have the GMC spray liner along with the rubber bed mat but I still get some shifting. I was looking at something like a Lund Cargo Bar but that doesn’t seem like it would contain smaller items.

Wanted to get your thoughts and input if there’s something magical you have found and are using?

Thanks!

If you look at the side walls about 18 inches from the tailgate, there are slots on the walls designed to slot in a board. I have a 2 x 8 board that sits in there. Easily removed when you need the full bed.

• Like 2

Depends on what you do and what you need. For me 2 commercial grade long ratchet straps lightly tight to the factory bed tie downs. So I go side to side one high and one low. works great to but the kegs in the truck and close tailgate. Flat board under the bottom strapand tightened down or tailgate up and top strap. Fast, always there and usefull. 

For light duty, get yourself a 20% off coupon and head to Harbor Freight

https://www.harborfreight.com/ratcheting-cargo-bar-96811.html

Might as well get a cargo net too

https://www.harborfreight.com/72-in-x-96-in-Full-Size-Pickup-Cargo-Net-69616.html

I do have these bull rings installed around the bed for the cargo net 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TOUP7OQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grjfer said:

Been thinking about getting one of these. Reese carry power ratcheting cargo bar

68d15ce4-8f0e-4ffd-aabc-67972a541b36_1.f22282309da9bf873f1da4b00140f3e1.jpeg

This what I use, works great.  Easy to remove and store in cab when you need the whole bed.  And it is adjustable.  Some say to get a 2x8 and use the slots in the bed wall, but the problem is that isn't adjustable.  

Edited by 2017_whitez71

I just cut a couple pieces of wood and slid them in the slot by the tailgate. Works just fine. They also double as "getting out of a shitty situation" tools. If push comes to shove, I can just pull them out and slide them under the tires. Win-win I'd say. 

I use a 2x4 in the bed slots next to the tailgate that's cut to come within about about 2" of the bottom of the bed. The 2x4 is light enough for me to remove while standing at ground level.  For small items in the bed, 5 gallon buckets works with the 2x4 in place and I have some buckets with a screw in lid attachment if needed. 

Edited by Tennessee Cattleman

More ideas 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=truck+bed+organizer&sprefix=Truck+bed+%2Caps%2C216&crid=31EVC38M9MS53

If you do a Google image search for chevy silverado bed organizer you’ll find couple hundred more ideas 

On 12/1/2018 at 2:13 PM, Brummie99 said:

If you look at the side walls about 18 inches from the tailgate, there are slots on the walls designed to slot in a board. I have a 2 x 8 board that sits in there. Easily removed when you need the full bed.

Yeah..what he said