2019 AT4 - Headlights aiming?

well look at you guys being concerned and courteous to other drivers. and I thought no one cared anymore.

Its easy to check, you want the aim to be just below horizontal. Park 25 feet away from a wall or garage door while you are on level ground. Measure height of headlight on the truck, then measure brightest spot (or cut-off line) on wall, it should be just a bit lower than your headlights.

There is an adjustment screw on the K2 trucks, I don't know about the new 19s.

7 minutes ago, aseibel said:

well look at you guys being concerned and courteous to other drivers. and I thought no one cared anymore.

Its easy to check, you want the aim to be just below horizontal. Park 25 feet away from a wall or garage door while you are on level ground. Measure height of headlight on the truck, then measure brightest spot (or cut-off line) on wall, it should be just a bit lower than your headlights.

There is an adjustment screw on the K2 trucks, I don't know about the new 19s.

For some idiot drivers I don't mind that my headlights are blasting them in the face (like when they decide to pull out in front of you doing 55mph and have no urgency to actually driving) through their rear view like a cop does with his spotlight... but for the most part, I do feel it was not adjusted for the AT4.

Side note, I really dig the intellibeam feature, but I did notice that you have to manually turn off your fog lights for it to work. Hit the button and it will sense other cars and turn off the high beams. petty neat!

My '19 High Country lights seem like they're aimed high.

I get flashed pretty often (with high beams for those with dirty minds :D). In fact, on my way to work in the morning when it's dark and an oncoming car is approaching I keep my hand on the high beam control ready to really blind them when they flash.

Will have to test them with the above mentioned method. Thanks.

• Haha 1

I"ve had an AT4 for about a month and any time I drive it with headlights on I get bright lighted all the time. I looked in my owner"s manual last night to see if I could adjust them but it said I have to take it to the dealer to adjust them.

1 hour ago, Mardo said:

I"ve had an AT4 for about a month and any time I drive it with headlights on I get bright lighted all the time. I looked in my owner"s manual last night to see if I could adjust them but it said I have to take it to the dealer to adjust them.

I poked my head under the hood and it seems like you can adjust yourself. Just be careful. 

1 hour ago, Mardo said:

They're super easy to adjust. Its the white allen head bolt thats right above the headlight when you open the hood.

I haven't tried to adjust mine but did  measure and they are where they should be. 

I've talked with guys at work who have new trucks with LED headlights/HIDs and they said they get high beamed on a daily basis as well. 

Ive had HID's since I can remember but always in cars, I remember getting high beamed once in a while with my car but never as much as I do now.   

In my opinion is because we haven't seen them widely used on trucks until recently.  People aren't used to it.  

I know when I sit in a car with no tint or auto dimming features, regular lights from a truck seem blinding as well. 

I have a 19’ LTZ and also thought the lights were aimed high. I have attached a picture that shows a void line in the line of sight with the high beams on. The void line is still visible on low beams without the fog lights on. Everything on the truck is factory. 

I had the dealer look at my headlight adjustment and they said they were adjusted perfectly. I told the service manger I was not happy with the dark void in my headlights, so he submitted a case with Chevy. He got back with me to tell me Chevy is aware of the problem and they have no fix as of yet. He seemed to think the dark void line that I’m seeing is from how the headlights are designed. 

My initial thought was the lights may be aimed to high and adjusting the lights lower may get rid of the dark void line I’m seeing. 

Has as anyone else noticed a dark void line in the headlight output? 

3047FA9D-787A-458C-86B9-9FF93A3B3215.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. 2019 Sierra. My dealer just dismissed my complaint and said it was adjusted correctly. My other complaint is the back up lights.  Ina dark environment it’s was very difficult to see so I  added aftermarket LED lights under rear bumper tied to back up lights. Great improvement.  

I also get get a fish eye screen in back up camera if I shift too quickly into reverse. I then have to return to drive and repeat to obtain correct screen. GM response was normal just slow down. Bothersome but can live with it but a $55,000 plus truck should not have these quirks.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

LT/RST/LTZ share the same headlight assemblies. SLT/AT4/Denali share the same headlight assemblies. High Country has it’s own style of headlight assembly. Regardless, all of these are built-in LED, so no “bulbs”, so to speak...