What did you pay for your truck?

So I pulled the trigger on Friday.   After battling with the dealer on a White 2019 LTZ Z71 Premium plus package.  Sticker was about $59k plus TTL it would have been about $63 and I walked out at $55k out the door and they delivered it to my front door that night.   I have to say it's the best truck I have driven and that 6.2 is amazing, no going back for me!   It's a rocket from what I have experienced in my older 2008 5.3 I had.   I don't really need all of the bells and whistles the LTZ came with, I just wanted that 6.2!   

Smitty

• Like 1

I grabbed 2019 Duramax Denali HD 3500 tri-white with the coco interior. Here in Canada that was list of $92,215 with the towing package which sold to me for $79,470. First GMC I’ve ever owned. Will be adding the extra trailering cameras. I bought over the internet as local dealers were brain dead and the winning dealer delivered it to my door. Yeah. 

Finance tip. If you have good credit find a small local credit union with a low rate. Go to your dealer during the finance part of the deal and tell the finance person you want them to beat the local credit union rate or you will just bring a check at closing. They will look at you like you have 5 eyes, but insist they call all their usual lenders to see if they will beat your credit unions rate. I have done this the last three vehicles and each time I was able to get the dealer to find a bank to shave 0.25% off the stupid low rate my wife's small teacher credit union offers.

I did this on my wife's Subaru she just bought. The credit union had 3% for 72 months, got the dealer to find another bank to do 2.75% for 72 months when initially they said the "Best" rate they could find for me was 3.9% for 72 months.

This had nothing to do with promotional financing just getting banks to compete against each other.

Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On 2/17/2019 at 5:15 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

Finance tip. If you have good credit find a small local credit union with a low rate. Go to your dealer during the finance part of the deal and tell the finance person you want them to beat the local credit union rate or you will just bring a check at closing. They will look at you like you have 5 eyes, but insist they call all their usual lenders to see if they will beat your credit unions rate. I have done this the last three vehicles and each time I was able to get the dealer to find a bank to shave 0.25% off the stupid low rate my wife's small teacher credit union offers.

I did this on my wife's Subaru she just bought. The credit union had 3% for 72 months, got the dealer to find another bank to do 2.75% for 72 months when initially they said the "Best" rate they could find for me was 3.9% for 72 months.

This had nothing to do with promotional financing just getting banks to compete against each other.

Good luck.

So, I tried this, and you have to have an account at the local credit union.....I even told them I would put 15k down, and they still wouldn't take my money. Are their any credit unions where you DONT have to be a member and can still get a loan?

3 minutes ago, trobin1991 said:

So, I tried this, and you have to have an account at the local credit union.....I even told them I would put 15k down, and they still wouldn't take my money. Are their any credit unions where you DONT have to be a member and can still get a loan?

With the two credit unions I belong to, I only had to open a savings account and put 5 bucks into it to be a member. They make it sound a lot harder than it is to become a member at most of them. See what the requirements are and try to join. It’ll usually be worth your while.

• Like 2

Most of the credit unions by me are based on your employer or where you live. The point I was making is you just need to look around at several local credit unions and find the one with the lowest rate, then use that as leverage to get the dealer finance person to beat that rate. You don't need to disclose to the dealer that you are not actually a member. It's like a small poker bluff. Just be aware that some dealers will deal direct with some credit unions so then it won't work. All of this is pointless if you take the $1500 and finance through gm financial

Frontwave, previously Pacific Marine had decent rates when we bought my wife's Escalade.  The best part is we can make the payment with our Citi Double Cash card giving us an extra 2% cash back when we payoff the statement balance which we make sure to do every month otherwise it would cost a fortune.  DO NOT use this tactic if you're not disciplined with your cards!  They did not require us to be members before quoting us a rate.

https://www.frontwavecu.com/Resources/Help/Rates/Current-Rates/Loan-Rates

Edited by n8huntsman

Good luck. Just hope your dealer doesn't do direct loans for the bank with the 2.7 rate as obviously the bank through the dealer is not going to beat it's own rate. But maybe another bank will. As long as you have a credit score around 800 or higher you have lots of leverage, might as well use it.

Also perhaps check some online bank rates