What did you pay for your truck?

About to go order my truck tomorrow. This is my first time ordering a GM product, so trying to figure out how aggressive I can expect to be with my negotiations (my last 2 orders were with Mercedes, and I went in super aggressive on those deals). I'm not really tied to any one dealer, but have been working with one so far that seems decent.

2019 RST Double Cab, 4x4, 2.7L
Leather Package
All Star Package
Convenience Package W/Bucket Seats
Convenience II Package
Safety Package
Bed Protection Package
Advanced Trailering Package
22" 5-spoke Dark Silver aluminum wheels with Chrome inserts
Polished Exhaust Tip
All Weather Floor Liners

MSRP is $53,665
-$500 for All Star
-$2,000 Cash Allowances
Net Price $51,165 after r ebates

The dealer I am working with has offered $50,500 minus any rebates. Based on what I have read, I think there is room to negotiate for more - but I am not sure how much more, given that I am ordering. Thoughts?
2.7L? Do you that will hold it's value long term vs the 5.3?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

2.7L? Do you that will hold it's value long term vs the 5.3?

We will see. It’s a risk I’m willing to take - I won’t own a gas V8 or V6. Plus it pulls like a freight train around town. 

Edited by MDSilveradoGuy

We will see. It’s a risk I’m willing to take - I won’t own a gas V8 or V6. Plus it pulls like a freight train around town. 
The tech behind that motor is pretty neat. If they offered it with the Z71 I would consider it. Good luck, let us know how it goes

Bought my RST double cab last Friday.  Sticker was $51,500.  I paid $41,500 for the truck, $43,000 out the door.  Dealer came off $3500 and had $3500 in rebates.  The biggie was an additional $3000 off from the GM card.  One of the rebates required GM financing and the best rate was 7.4%, nasty, with a 858 credit score.  I am preapproved with my credit union for 3.49% and will refi once the 3 months are up.  Its my local dealer and certainly don't want to screw them on that rebate.  The F&I guy even told me to take my 4th loan statement to the credit union and refi when the statement comes in.

I am happy with the deal and the truck.  

I just put a deposit in an rst z71 crew. Msrp was 51k and they went down to 43k. NY sucks but I’m happy with the price. They wanted the same for a 2018 z71 at two other dealerships. So I don’t think I killed it with my deal but I was able to get a 2019 for the same price. I’m in the same boat with financing. Going through gm and then refinancing in three months. Sign my paperwork on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/28/2019 at 7:07 PM, bcato said:

Mine stickered for 64,095.  6.2L, AT4 premium pkg, 18" with duratracs, sunroof, technology package, driver alert pkg II.

I paid $54,000.

What dealership?  I would buy one on Monday if I could get $10k off the sticker.  Did you use the GM loyalty rebate?  Any other rebates?

Everett Buick GMC, Bryant Arkansas.   I did GM financing (will refinance with credit union at 4 months), took gm rebate coupled with dealer discount.   I see they have what looks like 29 more AT4's, most all 9700+ off sticker.    I got a few more hundred off due to a blunder the dealer was trying to making right with me. 

• Like 1

Time to update my signature! Finally found pricing that worked for me.  Last day of February I scored my AT4 with everything I wanted (White, Crew Cab, 6.2L, AT4 Premium, Sunroof, Duratrac's, and Technology Package).  It also had the "Off-Road Performance Package" which with the other stuff it already had adds an intake and exhaust.  Wasn't on my "needs" list but I guess it's a nice bonus, just added a little cost.

MSRP was $65,850.

Sale Price $59,580

MFR. Rebate $4,500

Net cost before B.S. - $55,080 (16.35% off)

They then got me for $600 delivery from Utah to Cali, $494 for garbage protection package (they would not waive it), $399 doc fee, plus tax and licensing of course.  The best rate they could get me was 5.39% even with an 806 score.  There is verbiage stating I can't pay it off for 6 months.  Frontwave credit union can get me 3.49%.  I'll go that route ASAP!

All in all, I feel pretty good about it, despite the protection package and high interest rate.  Prices seemed to have ticked back up March 1.

WOW, my credit rating hasn’t been that high in decades. ;). Anyhoo bank gave me the 2.99% can be paid/transferred any time. No money down. All the rest as posted before. So some good deals. Two other fellas got similar vehicle to me in this end of town but didn’t do so well negotiating. ;)

45 minutes ago, n8huntsman said:

Prices seemed to have ticked back up March 1.

I noticed that too. I've also seen quite a few more T1s on the road in the last couple days than I did in the first couple of months after they came out. They must have had a good February. :D

On 3/1/2019 at 4:27 PM, Smitty said:

Has anyone had the dealer come after them for not keeping a loan through GM for a certain amount of time before you pay it off?  Mine told me I had to keep it for 4 months or they could come after me for the additional $1500 rebate they game me.    I don't think they can legally FORCE you into a loan.  They were not able to provide ANY documentation and even the first bill i got said nothing about it.    Blowing smoke?

Smitty

I just did this with my 2018...I purchased with GM financial back in June to get the extra rebate off and paid it off after 1 month.  I even called GMF to confirm I can pay it off early without penalty.

I believe the dealer gets a spiff if you keep your loan for 3 months.  If they would be up front and honest with me, I might have kept it...but since they lied to me I just went ahead and paid it off and didn't care.  The dealer never came back after me to pay back a rebate.

• 2 weeks later...

2019 AT4 

5.3L with technology package, driver alert, and sunroof

MSRP $61,700

Paid $54,311 out the door. 

Plus got free tints all around.

I used my educator discount which you can create online at gmeducatordiscount.com that took of $3052

The dealership had $4500 off 

GM loyalty $2500

GM bonus cash $1000

At the moment gmeducator discount now shows $4052 on the AT4