What did you pay for your truck?

So the trim I've been looking at with the dealer in Phoenix that seems to have the lowest prices dropped by $1000 in February once GMs updated incentives hit. It was $35813 now $34814 which is 22.5% off MSRP. It requires financing through GM financial like others have said. I wonder if there's fine print about refinancing right away. At any rate this is now send to be in my ball park of what I want to pay.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

Dealer told me I would have to keep GM Financial for three months for the extra cash offer.

My credit union has 48mos at 3.49 and 60mos at 3.79, so if it's over 4% via GM, I'd take the cash for three months of higher interest and then flip it.

GM financial is pretty much outrageous and not even competitive. When I bought my last truck they came in at like 6% and I got it through TD auto finance for 2.19 with excellent credit. Obviously rates have gone up a bit in three years since so I would expect GM financial to really be putting the hurt on people now. My dealer didn’t even pull them this time around as none of my rebates were tied to their financing, and I think he knew they were going to be a rip.

GM financial is pretty much outrageous and not even competitive. When I bought my last truck they came in at like 6% and I got it through TD auto finance for 2.19 with excellent credit. Obviously rates have gone up a bit in three years since so I would expect GM financial to really be putting the hurt on people now. My dealer didn’t even pull them this time around as none of my rebates were tied to their financing, and I think he knew they were going to be a rip.
Unfortunately it's been a decent chunk of the incentives the past couple of months. A pain to refinance after but worth getting around $1500 off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

On 2/2/2019 at 5:20 PM, Smoothie said:

Dealer told me I would have to keep GM Financial for three months for the extra cash offer.

The paperwork I saw for GM Finance specifically indicated no fees or penalty for prepayment/payoff of the loan.

One of the dealers I was talking to explained that they wanted a "gentleman's agreement" from me to keep the loan for 6 months and a minimum of 50% financed after very ungentlemanly springing these requirements on me after I let them ping my credit report.  Moving the goalposts in a deal.. not cool.  60 months at 7% for 50% or higher would cost more than the incentive I was getting.  No thanks.

Apparently if you pay off the loan immediately then GM takes the incentive back from the dealer.  GM Finance doesn't penalize you for prepayment, but the dealer absolutely wants to lol.  Of course your paperwork might read differently, so read it carefully.

Bought a '19 crew cab LT w/ Z71 and some other options yesterday.  MSRP $50,025, sale price $40,025 plus $199 doc fee, so exaclty 20% off MSRP.   That does include GM Loyalty, and I had to finance through GM (sucky rate).  They say 3 months, although I did the same thing last summer and read the fine print, there was NO pre-payment penalty.  I will probably wait 3 months this time because I know these guys and don't want mess with their pay structure etc.  

I was surprised February has half decent incentives.  I thought I'd lost a good chance in January and would have to wait.  

Edited by Leevon

20 hours ago, Leevon said:

Bought a '19 crew cab LT w/ Z71 and some other options yesterday.  MSRP $50,025, sale price $40,025 plus $199 doc fee, so exaclty 20% off MSRP.   That does include GM Loyalty, and I had to finance through GM (sucky rate).  They say 3 months, although I did the same thing last summer and read the fine print, there was NO pre-payment penalty.  I will probably wait 3 months this time because I know these guys and don't want mess with their pay structure etc.  

I was surprised February has half decent incentives.  I thought I'd lost a good chance in January and would have to wait.  

Good deal!  I tried to get my dealer to take 12 off of a $64k AT4 and they wouldnt.  With supplier pricing and incentives, they were only 6k below MSRP which wasnt enough for me so I walked.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:35 AM, BIGDOGx said:

For me i wouldn't even look until i see 20% off msrp. Like i said though that won't happen until they start making room for the 20's.

And to the person who said but yeah it's now a year old, exactly a year old, still brand new and the same exact thing as the 20's more than likely. Also another plus is a much cheaper excise tax bill to boot come late february, of course that's only if you live in a state like mine that taxes you when you buy then again yearly to further rob you! When i bought in 2014 i saved around 600 dollars on my first excise bill because when it came it was already listed as year old to them.

So one thing I neglected to ask, is the 20% off MSRP an out the door price?

That’s really good deal for a new model truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised because I thought February would be soft since I started looking in January and it seems like they come out swinging in the new year then back off.  But I know they didn't move as many units as they needed to last month and the rebates maybe weren't applied to all models? (specifically and RST I wanted).  It was such a good deal that I scratched it (we weren't done) and substituted a fully-loaded red hot Trail Boss.  Still $10k off MSRP, although at the higher amount of $55,905 or $45,805 plus $199 doc fee it's more like 18.0% off.    And it's what I really wanted so if I see it a little cheaper later...won't bother me! 

Edited by Leevon

Has anyone nailed it on a dbl or crew AT4? Im at the sweet spot with my 16 AT with 30500 miles, with a nice bit of equity it would be ideal to move now or if not ill end up keeping it for thw long haul, but with no answers on the tranny issues im worried

22 hours ago, n8huntsman said:

Good deal!  I tried to get my dealer to take 12 off of a $64k AT4 and they wouldnt.  With supplier pricing and incentives, they were only 6k below MSRP which wasnt enough for me so I walked.

I tried yesterday on an AT4 and they were only willing to come down about $4k.  

Has anyone heard anything about President day sales yet?  I noticed Ford was advertising you could get that pricing now so GM has to be doing something soon!  If you see anything, please post it up so we are all aware!