What did you pay for your truck?

Good luck. Just hope your dealer doesn't do direct loans for the bank with the 2.7 rate as obviously the bank through the dealer is not going to beat it's own rate. But maybe another bank will. As long as you have a credit score around 800 or higher you have lots of leverage, might as well use it.

Also perhaps check some online bank rates

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah I’m definitely going to shop banks. Last I checked my fico score was 845 so I should have no issues with getting a good rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, Smitty said:

So I pulled the trigger on Friday.   After battling with the dealer on a White 2019 LTZ Z71 Premium plus package.  Sticker was about $59k plus TTL it would have been about $63 and I walked out at $55k out the door and they delivered it to my front door that night.   I have to say it's the best truck I have driven and that 6.2 is amazing, no going back for me!   It's a rocket from what I have experienced in my older 2008 5.3 I had.   I don't really need all of the bells and whistles the LTZ came with, I just wanted that 6.2!   

Smitty

Which dealership did you go with? 

Edited by sdkraemer

• 2 weeks later...

About to go order my truck tomorrow. This is my first time ordering a GM product, so trying to figure out how aggressive I can expect to be with my negotiations (my last 2 orders were with Mercedes, and I went in super aggressive on those deals). I'm not really tied to any one dealer, but have been working with one so far that seems decent.

2019 RST Double Cab, 4x4, 2.7L

Leather Package

All Star Package

Convenience Package W/Bucket Seats

Convenience II Package

Safety Package

Bed Protection Package

Advanced Trailering Package

22" 5-spoke Dark Silver aluminum wheels with Chrome inserts

Polished Exhaust Tip

All Weather Floor Liners

MSRP is $53,665

-$500 for All Star

-$2,000 Cash Allowances

Net Price $51,165 after r ebates

The dealer I am working with has offered $50,500 minus any rebates. Based on what I have read, I think there is room to negotiate for more - but I am not sure how much more, given that I am ordering. Thoughts?

19 hours ago, bcato said:

Mine stickered for 64,095.  6.2L, AT4 premium pkg, 18" with duratracs, sunroof, technology package, driver alert pkg II.

I paid $54,000.

Was that OTD including tax?  

28 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

About to go order my truck tomorrow. This is my first time ordering a GM product, so trying to figure out how aggressive I can expect to be with my negotiations (my last 2 orders were with Mercedes, and I went in super aggressive on those deals). I'm not really tied to any one dealer, but have been working with one so far that seems decent.

2019 RST Double Cab, 4x4, 2.7L

Leather Package

All Star Package

Convenience Package W/Bucket Seats

Convenience II Package

Safety Package

Bed Protection Package

Advanced Trailering Package

22" 5-spoke Dark Silver aluminum wheels with Chrome inserts

Polished Exhaust Tip

All Weather Floor Liners

MSRP is $53,665

-$500 for All Star

-$2,000 Cash Allowances

Net Price $51,165 after r ebates

The dealer I am working with has offered $50,500 minus any rebates. Based on what I have read, I think there is room to negotiate for more - but I am not sure how much more, given that I am ordering. Thoughts?

I think that's high and you have room still.   Mine was a 19 LTZ CC with the 6.2, safety and convenience 1 and 2.  Sticker was almost $61k and I was out AFTER TTL at $55,500.    This was about a month ago in Phoenix. 

Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

Agree with above post.  I have almost the same truck as his (19 LTZ CC 6.2 loaded to the gills) sticker over $62k and I left at $56k OTD beginning of December.  So aim for a minimum of 10%.  Sticker $53,665 with 10% discount is about $48,300.  Should be easy to hit that I would think.  Now, ordering may be slightly tougher, not sure, but the dealer doesn't need to hold the car in inventory very long so maybe that helps vs buying one off the lot?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Smitty said:

I think that's high and you have room still.   Mine was a 19 LTZ CC with the 6.2, safety and convenience 1 and 2.  Sticker was almost $61k and I was out AFTER TTL at $55,500.    This was about a month ago in Phoenix. 

Good luck! 

Thank you. I'm at the beginning of the month making this order and at not much of an advantage there... I think I am going to go in at $46K and see what they will do. I just bought a 2019 Cruze 3 weeks ago from another dealer who is still licking their wounds (got a loaded LT at $3K under invoice + rebates and unloaded our heap of a 2011 Terrain on them)... if this dealer won't budge on my Silverado I'll go beat on the other one tomorrow and see what I come up with.

Edited by MDSilveradoGuy

Has anyone had the dealer come after them for not keeping a loan through GM for a certain amount of time before you pay it off?  Mine told me I had to keep it for 4 months or they could come after me for the additional $1500 rebate they game me.    I don't think they can legally FORCE you into a loan.  They were not able to provide ANY documentation and even the first bill i got said nothing about it.    Blowing smoke?

Smitty

Bought my RST double cab last Friday.  Sticker was $51,500.  I paid $41,500 for the truck, $43,000 out the door.  Dealer came off $3500 and had $3500 in rebates.  The biggie was an additional $3000 off from the GM card.  One of the rebates required GM financing and the best rate was 7.4%, nasty, with a 858 credit score.  I am preapproved with my credit union for 3.49% and will refi once the 3 months are up.  Its my local dealer and certainly don't want to screw them on that rebate.  The F&I guy even told me to take my 4th loan statement to the credit union and refi when the statement comes in.

I am happy with the deal and the truck.  

5 hours ago, Smitty said:

Has anyone had the dealer come after them for not keeping a loan through GM for a certain amount of time before you pay it off?  Mine told me I had to keep it for 4 months or they could come after me for the additional $1500 rebate they game me.    I don't think they can legally FORCE you into a loan.  They were not able to provide ANY documentation and even the first bill i got said nothing about it.    Blowing smoke?

Smitty

I'm not sure - but it's the exact thing I heard from the dealer last October and this week - "make four payments, then do whatever I'd like."  They even offered to do refinance paperwork with a local credit union.    The interesting part was that our loan was not "GM", it was TD Auto Finance.