What did you pay for your truck?

I just bought my RST from AutoNation Gilbert. It was smooth. Talk to Robert, he's in the internet sales guy
Do you mind me asking what amount you got off MSRP? Without negotiating they gave me a price sheet of $34650 w/ tint on $45575 MSRP. $399 for tint seems excessive to me. Ideally I'd try to get them down to $12k off MSRP.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, sdkraemer said:

Do you mind me asking what amount you got off MSRP? Without negotiating they gave me a price sheet of $34650 w/ tint on $45575 MSRP. $399 for tint seems excessive to me. Ideally I'd try to get them down to $12k off MSRP.

Yeah that tint fee is BS. MSRP was $50,980, paid $39189 but I had a trade in and got some money from that so financed a little less.

5 hours ago, Dmart said:

Yeah that tint fee is BS. MSRP was $50,980, paid $39189 but I had a trade in and got some money from that so financed a little less.

Agree, $399 is total BS. That's the kind of crap that gives dealers a bad name. 12k off is a good number. I bought mine in Boise ID from Dennis Dillion. Check their website. Their prices are posted . They have 2 SLT GMCs for 14k off. 

Edited by GymC

What's funny is two other dealers I've been talking to have around $1700 in add-ons installed. One just agreed to $12k off MSRP on a CC LT 2WD w/ all-star and safety package I if I do a trade-in. I already told them via email I'm only paying $200 tops on the add-ons, so I'm not sure if they remember that tidbit. This'll be interesting.

Add-ons or dealer installed options is how they make money. The largest Ram dealer in the nation is Dave Smith in Idaho, try buying a truck from them without window tint, some BS coating on the paint and a bug guard or some other BS option.. as long as we pay it they will continue to add it. I bought my last Chevy from them, this time I refused to buy all their add ons, I ended up buying a GMC from Dennis Dillion..no add ons from them. 

Ya I generally refuse to pay for add-ons. The truck I'm eyeing with this dealer would need to do a dealer trade for it, so the other dealership is the one that installed everything. Not sure if the dealer I'm working with would generally put add-ons on their vehicles. 

Its all annoying. I also hate all of these conditional offers and crap. Autonation listed some $6k off MSRP as "Autonation savings" with no asterisks or annotation, but when I contacted them I only qualified for $5k of it because the vehicle I am trading in doesn't have low enough miles. Ordering my 2011 camaro w/ supplier was much easier back when they were new and hot. I also bought two new Honda pilots in the past two years because of a total and I never saw this level of BS with conditional offers from the Honda dealerships.

Anyone have good luck with a GMC dealer in Georgia? Most of the dealerships that I've briefly chatted with dont want to play ball which is surprising because there are two or three truck dealerships within throwing distance of each..

We have TAVT which is a tax which makes it very difficult/expensive to go out of state to buy a vehicle. If you buy it out of state you still have to pay the TAVT. The TAVT is a road tax and a sales tax lumped into one. Its 7.5% of the purchase total so not a small fee...

Edited by Chris walker

I got 3400 off for supplier, 2000 off for conquest, and 1500 off for GMF, for a total of 7k off a loaded LTZ with a sticker of 57,170. No trade. That's the numbers before TTL. No dealer add-on BS. They wanted to charge a 899 dealer fee, so I negotiated in wheel to wheel steps, front black bow tie, and tint to compensate. I figure they made holdback only, maybe some other hidden dollars, which is fair. I wasn't willing to drive to ATL or Miami to save a few hundred more to get the exact trim, color, and options I was looking for. Definitely more incentives on LT trim, but I wasn't interested in that trim level . Ymmv.

11 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

I'm about $11k below MSRP on the AT4 I'm about to pickup. So like $56K on a $67K truck...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What dealer and where are they located are you working with? 

Pulled the trigger on a new satin steel AT4 this morning. MSRP was $64,995 price paid $55032 less trade for my 2016 Sierra 4x4 AT $36,712. I walked out paying $18,500. Pics will be coming next week.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 10:00 PM, Jacksfan98 said:

What dealer and where are they located are you working with? 

Dave Pusa is great guy at Laura Buick GMC in St Louis.  Hundreds of 2019 Sierras at up to over $14,000 off msrp with or w/o trade or finance. They pick you up at STL airport and you can drive away in your new truck in under 2 hours if you set it all up in advance. Laura is largest volume GMC truck dealer in USA for a reason. Love their Lifted trucks, ATAs and Denali deals. Tell Dave that Mike from Columbus, Ohio and Russ from Chicago sent you for the best deal possible. Don’t mention Rudy from Chicago who didn’t buy and regrets it. Laura won’t be beat and you won’t need to haggle. If you don’t buy they will not hassle you with phone calls or emails, either you want the best deal on the best truck you can buy or you don’t. Check their website.  YMMV good luck!  

• Like 1

I was at Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale yesterday. Over email they offered $12k off MSRP on a 2WD crew cab LT with all-star and convenience package II if I had a trade-in. Initially they offered $1500 on my regular cab 2009 WT Silverado trade-in, but they eventually went up to my price point at $5k. They also had $2104 in dealer add-ons, but at the end only $395 was listed on the price sheet for the zaktek.

I told them I needed until tomorrow to get everything squared away with family on my trade-in. They offered $6k on the trade-in at the end to try and get me to sign that day, but there was no way I could finalize.

The directors of sales told me the deal was too nasty for them to do tomorrow. It was a slow day for them and that's why they wanted it that day.

Not the most pleasant experience dealing with their upper management.40152e86399cde5bcdc8ef226712be92.jpg