What did you pay for your truck?

Well guys, just to give you an idea what we pay here in Canada....I built and ordered an LTZ with a 6.2 L          Price 66 175$   Dealer rebate 3975 =62 200   2900 credit=59 300 trade in 34000 -17000 owed + fees + misc 872 =43 356.50 + 3893.38 Tax=  47 249.98 - 2500 gm card WOULD have to finance44749.98  if thru them ( 1000$ rebate if financed)…………….They will sell truck for 41 839.98 if I bought outright.

So contacted my bank, and we have an agreement and will cut a cheque to the dealer......another 2500 saved cause won't get 1000 for financing but will get 3400 for cash deal.

If bought thru dealer 48 months 1000.00$

My bank at  41839.98   48 months   944.00

Edited by goose hunter
update

On 1/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, BIGDOGx said:

They have dropped large incentives every year for as long as i can remember. Gm clearly does not want to price their product realistically which then creates owners who have paid far to much for their trucks imo and are left holding that bag when incentives hit, and they will hit at years end to clear inventory space!

Going back to this, what is your threshold for a good deal? Is it some percentage off MSRP?

1 hour ago, sdkraemer said:

Going back to this, what is your threshold for a good deal? Is it some percentage off MSRP?

Personally, they wont get me in the door unless they are offering at least 5k CAD off MSRP. When I bought my 2010, they were $9k off MSRP + GM loyalty of $1,000 and I got $3,000 for dragging in an old blown up 1990 f150 V6 (cash for clunkers they called it). I ended up paying less than a used truck with a similar spec. I traded it 5 years later for $15,000 less than I paid for it. So I was $3,000 per year to drive a loaded new truck. When I bought my 2015 personal truck they would only give me $6,000 off, this truck was the same spec except had the 6.2L, it's MSRP was $10,000 more than the 2010 was. I felt pretty hosed at the time by the 2010 was having paint issues. I ended up refusing the deal unless they agreed to throw in black tube steps, weathertechs and gatorback flaps, they complied and I have a 2015 6.2L.

I wont be going back unless they are $10k+ off now as the same truck in a 2019 is now $73,000. It's like GM thinks we are get a 20% pay raise at work every time a new truck rolls out.  

2 hours ago, sdkraemer said:

I need $10k off of sticker to buy.  I doubt I will see that on a loaded LTZ or High Country for a while.   it's not $15-$20k more of a truck than the 2018's they just blew out on sale year end, I don't care what has changed.  I would love to know the REAL cost of building one of those and how much profit they get from a sale. If someone pays full stick on an LTZ \ HC I bet they make $20k - $30k profit on each truck.    Anyone have an idea?   

I have the cash to buy one but can't get past the fact of wasting the excess money I know that's in the deal. 

Then again people buy Raptor's for $10k over sticker all of the time which I can't get my head around.  It's a truck!!!!! 

4 hours ago, steve8 said:

Local dealer (Quirk Chevy) is offering 9K off list.

I tried working with them, but no love.  That $9k probably includes $2k incentive for a trade-in from 2005 or newer which they no doubt will take that $2k back from you on.  I believe another part of it was a financing incentive, and their interest rates were terrible.

I mentioned before I ended up at Banks in NH, and with the Costco program basically got a similar or better deal than Quirk's with none of that hassle going on.  Quirk was only $8k off MSRP at the time, so no idea if Banks has kept up.. things have changed obviously.

I did have to call Banks for their price though, they were not listing prices other than MSRP on their website at the time.  They don't mess around though, the call was absolutely worthwhile and while I doubt I'll be shopping again any time soon I would call them first.

Edited by Daverado

19 hours ago, sdkraemer said:

For me i wouldn't even look until i see 20% off msrp. Like i said though that won't happen until they start making room for the 20's.

And to the person who said but yeah it's now a year old, exactly a year old, still brand new and the same exact thing as the 20's more than likely. Also another plus is a much cheaper excise tax bill to boot come late february, of course that's only if you live in a state like mine that taxes you when you buy then again yearly to further rob you! When i bought in 2014 i saved around 600 dollars on my first excise bill because when it came it was already listed as year old to them.

2 hours ago, Daverado said:

I tried working with them, but no love.  That $9k probably includes $2k incentive for a trade-in from 2005 or newer which they no doubt will take that $2k back from you on.  I believe another part of it was a financing incentive, and their interest rates were terrible.

I mentioned before I ended up at Banks in NH, and with the Costco program basically got a similar or better deal than Quirk's with none of that hassle going on.  Quirk was only $8k off MSRP at the time, so no idea if Banks has kept up.. things have changed obviously.

I did have to call Banks for their price though, they were not listing prices other than MSRP on their website at the time.  They don't mess around though, the call was absolutely worthwhile and while I doubt I'll be shopping again any time soon I would call them first.

Agreed that quirk can be a royal pia/aka sleazy.

I did buy a 2009 from them but have inquired after that and there were always "issues".

Buyer beware.

Just an observation. I've been looking at 2019 crew cab LTs in the phoenix market and last month a dealer had it for $35,800. Now its up to $40,800 since February hit. Looking at the Chevy website I don't see the GM loyalty incentive anymore. Is this pretty typical at the beginning of a month that the price jumps backup? I wonder when we should expect incentives to start hitting.

Edited by sdkraemer

just curious of anyone has recently leased the 19 denali 1500, 6.2, 4x4 thinking about getting out of my 15 silverado LTZ and into that but its so hard to figure out if you are getting a good lease deal or not.   

If you can share sticker, net cost (before downpayments and such) and then how much down and what your payment is it would be much appreciated also feel free to PM me.  I tried sorting thru but I see most of them are purchases this time im looking to do something different and lease. 

thanks-