What did you pay for your truck?

19 hours ago, Chris walker said:

Inventory seems to be really odd on a truck thats been on the market for 3-4 months. When I search autotrader for stock there are only (2) trail boss in 100 miles of me and I live in a major city. There are probably 10 - 20 dealerships in a 100 miles of me. I would have thought after a quarter of a year there would be more inventory.

Its no wonder people are only getting 7-8% off...I'm surprised they are getting that much with the limited availability. Either demand is really hot or they are trying to create demand with limited supply.

I think they are limiting supply.   I go to my local dealer about every 3 to 4 weeks to see what has changed and they have the same 2019's on the lot they have had for months.  I like in Phoenix, plenty of people available to buy and I don't think people are!   For example the same two red and black trail boss trucks have been there for MONTHS.  The one black one had 125 miles on it already and sits out front but no one is buying.    They are going to have to give better incentives soon if they hope to sell any volume.  

If I look at the GMC dealer, they still have so many 2018 trucks (tons of Denali) and very few of the 2019's I'm not sure what's going on with them.    Both of these dealerships are right off of the main freeway and easy to see etc, people just aren't buying from what I can see.   Until I see $9 - $10k off of sticker I'm not buying.  

They are trickling them out slowly... I don't think they're even building ALL the configs yet..

And from what I read, the K2's are STILL in production and will be deep into 2019.

I think I saw my first T1 Sierra TV commercial just last night! Boasting about the new trick tail gate. 

Edited by Loco-diablo

2019 AT4. Sticker was $64k something. Ended up getting around 8% off using a Costco discount. We are supposed to get back $700 from Costco, so I guess the discount ends up being closer to 9%. I also had a trade and they gave me $1k more than I could get from Texas Direct Auto. Not sure if that was really $1k more on the trade, or just numbers game. Either way, I was really only concerned about my price after tax/trade and they were where I needed them to be.

20 hours ago, Chris walker said:

Inventory seems to be really odd on a truck thats been on the market for 3-4 months. When I search autotrader for stock there are only (2) trail boss in 100 miles of me and I live in a major city. There are probably 10 - 20 dealerships in a 100 miles of me. I would have thought after a quarter of a year there would be more inventory.

Its no wonder people are only getting 7-8% off...I'm surprised they are getting that much with the limited availability. Either demand is really hot or they are trying to create demand with limited supply.

How many of the trucks that roll of the line each day are going to dealers' lots, vs how many are for pre-ordered builds? I really don't know. Maybe not many have reached dealer lots because they are just filling customer orders right now?

3 hours ago, Smitty said:

I think they are limiting supply.   I go to my local dealer about every 3 to 4 weeks to see what has changed and they have the same 2019's on the lot they have had for months.  I like in Phoenix, plenty of people available to buy and I don't think people are!   For example the same two red and black trail boss trucks have been there for MONTHS.  The one black one had 125 miles on it already and sits out front but no one is buying.    They are going to have to give better incentives soon if they hope to sell any volume.  

If I look at the GMC dealer, they still have so many 2018 trucks (tons of Denali) and very few of the 2019's I'm not sure what's going on with them.    Both of these dealerships are right off of the main freeway and easy to see etc, people just aren't buying from what I can see.   Until I see $9 - $10k off of sticker I'm not buying.  

Interesting! I wonder if we've found the ceiling for what most people will pay for a truck...

4 hours ago, aseibel said:

How many of the trucks that roll of the line each day are going to dealers' lots, vs how many are for pre-ordered builds? I really don't know. Maybe not many have reached dealer lots because they are just filling customer orders right now?

How many plants are building these trucks for GMC \ Chevy?  if Ford is rolling a truck off of the line every 53 seconds, how long is it taking Chevy to fill orders?  I really doubt there are so many pre-orders at these prices they can't put more on the dealership floors.    

Something I have noticed in AZ, you can only find the most popular colors in stock which means black, white, red and one of the dark silver ones.    You NEVER see the blue, green, brown or other non standard colors.   I know people can order those colors but what's up with that?  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Smitty said:

How many plants are building these trucks for GMC \ Chevy?  if Ford is rolling a truck off of the line every 53 seconds, how long is it taking Chevy to fill orders?  I really doubt there are so many pre-orders at these prices they can't put more on the dealership floors.    

Something I have noticed in AZ, you can only find the most popular colors in stock which means black, white, red and one of the dark silver ones.    You NEVER see the blue, green, brown or other non standard colors.   I know people can order those colors but what's up with that?  

Don't quote me on this, but from what I remember about the last generation- only 1 plant in Mexico produces the crew cabs, and 1 plant in Michigan builds the double cabs. It takes a couple weeks from the time a truck rolls off the line until it is sitting on a dealer lot. There are something like 3,000 GM dealerships. A lot of them still have 2018's on the lot they are trying to clear out. So give it a little time, you should see more 2019's arriving every week.

I get why they don't want a bunch of funky colors on the lot, if they sell 10 black and 10 white ones for every green, which would you want on your lot?

Edited by aseibel
  • Like 1