UPR single side catch can install 2018 GMC Sierra 6.2.

On 23/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, SS502 said:

Here is a pic of catch can results after exactly 100 miles. Note that there is virtually no water but is does smell of gasoline. Mounting it on the fender did not create more water condensation at all. The oil has about 1500 miles on it.

Water begins condensating in the can and crankcase when you use the truck for short trips and not warm up the oil enough.

• Like 1

Just now, VdellaV said:

Water begins condensating in the can and crankcase when you use the truck for short trips and not warm up the oil enough.

Yeah, I added that comment for the few people who told me that mounting it off the fender would not allow the can to properly warm up LOL, others have said too much heat will be bad too. I guess it should depend on individual case by case basis...if you're in a very cold climate, maybe the fender area isn't the best idea for them but for me in Florida, it's just fine :thumbs: 

2 hours ago, SS502 said:

Yeah, I added that comment for the few people who told me that mounting it off the fender would not allow the can to properly warm up LOL, others have said too much heat will be bad too. I guess it should depend on individual case by case basis...if you're in a very cold climate, maybe the fender area isn't the best idea for them but for me in Florida, it's just fine :thumbs: 

I would actually argue that the colder you can keep the can, the better, so it condensates vapors more effectively.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, VdellaV said:

I would actually argue that the colder you can keep the can, the better, so it condensates vapors more effectively.

I would agree with you too! Thus my added comment to my post :thumbs:

4 minutes ago, SS502 said:

I would agree with you too! Thus my added comment to my post :thumbs:

Look, i came up with a design that would catch 100% of pcv vapors... it would be mounted in front the truck, in front of the radiators

Take the Hint, catch can manufacturer

IMG_4078.jpg

On 2/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, BigBlueLB756 said:

Still is da man:

1 hour ago, VdellaV said:

Look, i came up with a design that would catch 100% of pcv vapors... it would be mounted in front the truck, in front of the radiators

Take the Hint, catch can manufacturer

IMG_4078.jpg

I’m not a manufacturer and you have the ability to mount wherever you like. Watch the video, the good ones have multi chambers and coalescing materials to aid in the trapping of oil. Mine stays pretty cool but certainly not cold off the fender.

591D3B2A-E663-47CF-B6AF-8D3D5F7FF13D.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SS502 said:

I’m not a manufacturer and you have the ability to mount wherever you like.

No, Not You :D

I meant that Catch can manufacturers should take the hint about a condensator of some sort lol

• Thanks 1