If you're keeping your truck N/A go for it. If you're going turbo don't bother and if you're getting SC you'll want a bigger TB. Other than that I wouldn't bother. 

If you want a N/A Intake and TB combo get the Atomic with 102 Nick Williams or 103 Lingenfelter. 

3 hours ago, DenaliX14 said:

If you're keeping your truck N/A go for it. If you're going turbo don't bother and if you're getting SC you'll want a bigger TB. Other than that I wouldn't bother. 

If you want a N/A Intake and TB combo get the Atomic with 102 Nick Williams or 103 Lingenfelter. 

The msd atomic intake manifold will make more hp and tq from 5500 on.  Not good in a truck (I tried it).  The truck intake vs ported atomic was down 60wtq and 20whp peak to peak. At 4500 it was down 50wtq and 40whp.  From 3000-5500 the truck intake manifold (unported) beats the msd ported. My advise would be to port the stock truck intake and add a 95mm tb.  PRAY is the only 1 I know of doing it.  Ports the throat to accept the 95 without an adapter.  My truck hasn't been back on the dyno since I put the truck intake back on.  There are many FBO L86s making 420/460 or more with stock unported intake and tb on e85 at the wheels which is advertised at the flywheel from GM. On the LT1 in the 6th gen Camaro PRAY's ported intake and ported stock tb are worth 17-20hp from back to back testing he did.  Check out his FB page or Camaro6 forums.

Edited by Denali_King
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Denali_King said:

The msd atomic intake manifold will make more hp and tq from 5500 on.  Not good in a truck (I tried it).  The truck intake vs ported atomic was down 60wtq and 20whp peak to peak. At 4500 it was down 50wtq and 40whp.  From 3000-5500 the truck intake manifold (unported) beats the msd ported. My advise would be to port the stock truck intake and add a 95mm tb.  PRAY is the only 1 I know of doing it.  Ports the throat to accept the 95 without an adapter.  My truck hasn't been back on the dyno since I put the truck intake back on.  There are many FBO L86s making 420/460 or more with stock unported intake and tb on e85 at the wheels which is advertised at the flywheel from GM. On the LT1 in the 6th gen Camaro PRAY's ported intake and ported stock tb are worth 17-20hp from back to back testing he did.  Check out his FB page or Camaro6 forums.

I don’t need it. My L86 intake is ported. I also have a potted 95mm Tb. I’m forced induction too. I was just saying to the guy asking the questions that their ARE intakes that fit the bolt patterns.  

also, Gwatney does the porting service. 
Www.gwatneyperformance.com

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DenaliX14 said:

I don’t need it. My L86 intake is ported. I also have a potted 95mm Tb. I’m forced induction too. I was just saying to the guy asking the questions that their ARE intakes that fit the bolt patterns.  

also, Gwatney does the porting service. 
Www.gwatneyperformance.com

Yes Gwatney does port them and also takes all the structure out of the intake manifold.  Then they epoxy a sheet of aluminum to the floor of the intake.  Nowhere on their site does it mention they port it to work with the 95 either.  Holley's high ram is killing it on the Camaro and someone on performancetrucks put one on their truck (cant remember if it was a L83 or L86).  LME makes intakes out of billet for $4500 or so.  There are some options available now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denali_King said:

Yes Gwatney does port them and also takes all the structure out of the intake manifold.  Then they epoxy a sheet of aluminum to the floor of the intake.  Nowhere on their site does it mention they port it to work with the 95 either.  Holley's high ram is killing it on the Camaro and someone on performancetrucks put one on their truck (cant remember if it was a L83 or L86).  LME makes intakes out of billet for $4500 or so.  There are some options available now.

I didn’t say Gwatney ports the TB. I just stated I had one too. It does wonders for my set up. 

I thought about the high ram from Holley. It just does t make sense for me. I don’t race my truck. Just an enthusiast with a hankering for power. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you guys know that we also make a 95mm, actually 100mm effective at WOT after the rework, they come (included in price) with an Adapter Kit specifically for your manifold, stock manifold Adapter, MSD manifold adapter, or we'll also match your own ported stock manifold.

Add our controller to it, and you'll have a total solution to the slow response.

IMG_7223.JPG

On 3/4/2020 at 6:12 PM, Steven Rosales said:

Okay so I am wanting to go from and l83 TB & Manifold To a l86. Other than just getting the gaskets for both things what else am I going to need to purchase complete the swap.

while your at it, dont forget to yank the stock airbox , carefully with a prybar lift under the box til it pops up, and then remove the muffler restrictor panel before the airfilterl , it unclips right out.. then push the box back in place, enjoy the growl....

Edited by flyingfool