Terrible Feature - Truck Shuts Off On It's Own?!?!

rikhek

My mother in law gave my wife her CRV. She was close to giving up driving anyway. The driving aids sped up the process. The car can be very intrusive and upsetting. Some up the aids can be turned off. The adaptive cruise control can be useful. The most annoying feature is the panic braking. If a car is moving to a turn lane and the painted line is faded. The CRV will panic brake. So you have to ready to tap the gas to override. Otherwise you’re going to get rear ended. All things considered I don’t need any of it. Being a free car I live with it. Can’t wait to see how it all works on a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I finally read the LM2 diesel supplement owners manual. 

I have idled for extended amount of time. I have not timed it, but I'm sure sure there has been times that its been longer than an hour.

There is a 1 line sentence in the supplement manual in regards to Extended Parking. This is good news for us LM2 owners that are used to idling all day.

Screenshot_20210612-214137_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, just found this out myself yesterday. I have a 2021 RST. I was idling with the AC on and the truck shut off after 1 hr. While I agree the truck should shut off when no transmitter is detected, there is absolutely no reason why it should shut off when the transmitter is in the vehicle.

I hate the Nanny world we live in.

_

Edited by Diamond817

On 7/2/2021 at 6:52 AM, Diamond817 said:

Yep, just found this out myself yesterday. I have a 2021 RST. I was idling with the AC on and the truck shut off after 1 hr. While I agree the truck should shut off when no transmitter is detected, there is absolutely no reason why it should shut off when the transmitter is in the vehicle.

I hate the Nanny world we live in.

_

Yours made it an hour? Mine will shut down in 15 minutes. I'm also irritated it won't let you sit in the truck when its a conformable temp in acc mode for more than 15 minutes. 

yep, got me just today, pissed me off! we're in the middle of a heat wave and I was out loading up cargo and tying everything down in the bed while my wife and doggy were in the truck keeping cool with the AC. fun fact, you can't lower the tail gate when the truck isn't in park. neutral, parking brake set, using the manual button on the tailgate itself...nope. no way to lower the gate unless you put it in park. as I was out loading everything up, the stupid thing shut itself down and I had to stop what I was doing to go restart the engine so they don't start cooking in the cabin in 5 minutes time under the sun. Absolutely stupid feature to build into the truck intentionally. imagine if I wasn't just in the back, but rather went inside a store while they were out waiting for me? believe me, if its a store that has rows and rows of power tools, I could easily kill an hour in there while she reads kindle books.

39 minutes ago, 1454 said:

Yours made it an hour? Mine will shut down in 15 minutes. I'm also irritated it won't let you sit in the truck when its a conformable temp in acc mode for more than 15 minutes. 

while not ideal, the neutral and parking brake work around will help in that situation. but the tailgate won't lower and the task lights cannot function unless the shifter is in the actual park position. even though its impossible to be driving down the road in N with the parking brake set! so if you need any of those features, the N+Park workaround is too much of a hassle.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kodiakdenali said:

while not ideal, the neutral and parking brake work around will help in that situation. but the tailgate won't lower and the task lights cannot function unless the shifter is in the actual park position. even though its impossible to be driving down the road in N with the parking brake set! so if you need any of those features, the N+Park workaround is too much of a hassle.

Yeah, I found this out the hard way this weekend when my better half arrived back at the truck with bags and asked why the tailgate wouldn't lower. I'm considering the wams method just for this. I just need to figure out if I want to keep this one or get an order for a 2022 with supercruise. I'm really on the fence. Sorry for the offtopic.

6 hours ago, kodiakdenali said:

yep, got me just today, pissed me off! we're in the middle of a heat wave and I was out loading up cargo and tying everything down in the bed while my wife and doggy were in the truck keeping cool with the AC. fun fact, you can't lower the tail gate when the truck isn't in park. neutral, parking brake set, using the manual button on the tailgate itself...nope. no way to lower the gate unless you put it in park. as I was out loading everything up, the stupid thing shut itself down and I had to stop what I was doing to go restart the engine so they don't start cooking in the cabin in 5 minutes time under the sun. Absolutely stupid feature to build into the truck intentionally. imagine if I wasn't just in the back, but rather went inside a store while they were out waiting for me? believe me, if its a store that has rows and rows of power tools, I could easily kill an hour in there while she reads kindle books.

I'm sorry your wife isn't allowed to restart your truck and/or she isn't capable of doing it.

36 minutes ago, davester said:

I'm sorry your wife isn't allowed to restart your truck and/or she isn't capable of doing it.

She finds restarting it quite difficult when the key is in my pocket.

Even if not is she going to climb over the center console to reach the brake?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 6:19 PM, 1454 said:

SHOCKED!!!    Mine gets 15 min with no key fob, 30 when it's inside the truck.  

Absolutely terrible feature.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...