Terrible Feature - Truck Shuts Off On It's Own?!?!

rikhek

Must just not work on the Silverado?   I dunno.   
I didn't know. I think it works on Tahoes. I found out about it on a Tahoe forum.

From what I understand, It's something the service department does so that the vehicle doesn't shut down during engine test.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

It’s a completely different electrical platform so that’s not surprising.

I'm not getting the pop up message that it is disabled like he showed either.   I don't think Silverado's are equipped.

RhinoGuy - What year/make/mode do you have? I have a 2019 Sierra and the “hold for 15 seconds” thing didn’t work for me.

I don’t see anything that looks remotely like this in the bcm for the pickup. He’s got a Yukon which is a completely different electrical architecture..

Sounds like the right fix is that they should just go back to a true key system! Those that want the vehicle to run will run those that don't turn them off pretty simple. I don't know why things need to be complicated.

f*** this auto stop and push button b******* and traction control

(when I turn it off I want it off.. I don't want it to come back on at 35 mph wheel spin) save us all some money.

some of us actually know how to drive and use our vehicles the way that we want them used..... You do you and let us do us.

You can let your vehicle run all day and do your jobs..... For everyone else who doesn't use their truck in this manner you might actually have to use your brain and remember how to turn it on and off and remove the key out of the ignition probably too hard for some....

Sorry for my rant but I'm just tired of the government And big brother imposing everything at a higher cost to us all And then all the sheep that defend them.

It's amazing how and what we do to protect the stupid, And then when they still kill themselves the lawyers win a financial settlement in court for their families yet again costing us more. Smh

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sldhead700 said:

Sounds like the right fix is that they should just go back to a true key system! Those that want the vehicle to run will run those that don't turn them off pretty simple. I don't know why things need to be complicated.

f*** this auto stop and push button b******* and traction control

(when I turn it off I want it off.. I don't want it to come back on at 35 mph wheel spin) save us all some money.

some of us actually know how to drive and use our vehicles the way that we want them used..... You do you and let us do us.

You can let your vehicle run all day and do your jobs..... For everyone else who doesn't use their truck in this manner you might actually have to use your brain and remember how to turn it on and off and remove the key out of the ignition probably too hard for some....

Sorry for my rant but I'm just tired of the government And big brother imposing everything at a higher cost to us all And then all the sheep that defend them.

It's amazing how and what we do to protect the stupid, And then when they still kill themselves the lawyers win a financial settlement in court for their families yet again costing us more. Smh

No offense but you're bitching and moaning about something that very small niche of consumers actually want.  Ask 20 truck owner out the in the real world and see how many actually want this specific feature.  It is not stupid people that are killing themselves b/c they forget to turn the vehicle off, saying that is very condescending.  My coworker and his wife were killed b/c they were out of their routine and left their vehicle running, we work in an engineering department and he's one of the smartest people I know.  

No offense but you're bitching and moaning about something that very small niche of consumers actually want.  Ask 20 truck owner out the in the real world and see how many actually want this specific feature.  It is not stupid people that are killing themselves b/c they forget to turn the vehicle off, saying that is very condescending.  My coworker and his wife were killed b/c they were out of their routine and left their vehicle running, we work in an engineering department and he's one of the smartest people I know.  
Super smart people... But yet common sense stupid..... I work at a university and see it everyday, we call them the absent minded professors.
Sorry your friends died. But I see things quit differently.... If you have a key you are pulling it out, no forgetting it then. Talk to any real blue collar worker they will disagree with you, unfortunately, you are absolutely correct that we are there minority.
Yet, we are also the original truck buyers and owners!!
Simple solutions for both sides would be to put in an override or disable options.... Easy peezy! Bitching and moaning minimized for both sides.
Unfortunately those of us that need a truck have to pay for these nano gadgets that we don't even want.
No need to complicate things it's called
k.i.s.s.
Keep it simple stupid.
Have a great weekend, thanks for your "majority" input while the rest of us suffer with the lack of working designs, for working people.

I knew I would come across it eventually, someone posted on this thread:

3rd post by bamorris2

open the file attached,

doc id 5695820.pdf

page 3, top of the page

3. Apply brake and start the vehicle, holding the Engine Start/Stop button for at least 15 seconds.

*   At this point, T1 SUVs will display an "Automatic Shutdown Disabled" message on the DIC.

*   Other vehicles will not display this message on the DIC, but by holding the Engine Start/Stop button for 15 seconds, the feature will still be activated on T1 trucks.

either there's more to it than just that...or this statement in the doc isn't corect.

25 minutes ago, kodiakdenali said:

I knew I would come across it eventually, someone posted on this thread:

3rd post by bamorris2

open the file attached,

doc id 5695820.pdf

page 3, top of the page

3. Apply brake and start the vehicle, holding the Engine Start/Stop button for at least 15 seconds.

*   At this point, T1 SUVs will display an "Automatic Shutdown Disabled" message on the DIC.

*   Other vehicles will not display this message on the DIC, but by holding the Engine Start/Stop button for 15 seconds, the feature will still be activated on T1 trucks.

either there's more to it than just that...or this statement in the doc isn't corect.

It cannot be correct.   I've tried it several times, as numerous others have.  

18 minutes ago, Mercracing said:

It says hood open. Maybe the hoods gotta be open so it thinks it’s getting worked on? Anyone try it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read the actual bulletin.  It may have more to do with the laptop module being hooked up to it too, on that way of thinking.