Hello All,

I'm hoping that this is the correct place for this, as I'd consider what I'm doing a "mod".

I have access to a Passthrough Pro 4 from Snap On. I'm interested in changing the remote start run time from the preset 10 minutes to 15. I'm not interested in just pressing the button again to get a total of 20 minutes by extending the preset 10 minute timer. 

I know that it can be done, as we have some wonderful people on here that would be happy to program the proper components and if I can't figure it out it might just come down to that. But being that I have access to the Passthrough which to my understanding lets you access factory programming as well as some custom programming I'd like to give it a shot myself first. 

I'm aware that I could totally screw up my truck, and well, I'm taking that risk.

If anyone has done this before or has experience I would appreciate some tips, or help. 

Thanks in advance!

I the passed there was ways to change things. Unfortunately it involves a device that was licensed only to dealers and even then a additional device that was heavily guarded was needed. 

The owner ship of said item can constitute a crime. I may or may not have owned one. To match vins on PCM so they could just be swap on the dyno. 

The newer stuff isn't any harder. I highly doubt the snap on will have the ability to change that. I know of software that can do it but it isn't publicly available. 

I will not high jack your tread any more. But to say you don't need more then 10 if you just want the truck warmer. 

Good luck and post your finds. 

1 minute ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I the passed there was ways to change things. Unfortunately it involves a device that was licensed only to dealers and even then a additional device that was heavily guarded was needed. 

The owner ship of said item can constitute a crime. I may or may not have owned one. To match vins on PCM so they could just be swap on the dyno. 

The newer stuff isn't any harder. I highly doubt the snap on will have the ability to change that. I know of software that can do it but it isn't publicly available. 

I will not high jack your tread any more. But to say you don't need more then 10 if you just want the truck warmer. 

Good luck and post your finds. 

Nothing fun, is ever available publically. I just hate to pull the truck apart, send in the proper components to say, WAMS when at the moment that’s the only thing I’d wish to change. It’s also more of a just because and to learn how. 

Thanks for the input. Always appreciated.