2019 Sierra 1500 18" Tires

Go to the dealer's lot and see what is on the trucks that they have in inventory. Not unusual for the factory to use more than one company's tires, probably to get a lower price.

Regardless they will be all-terrain and not what I would want for snow or off-road use where one is better off using All-Terrain tires. I always remove the factory tires and sell them on craigslist and buy what I want at a local tire store.

Yeah, good point. I'll do that one of these days.

I'm with you on selling them and getting exactly what you want. That's exactly why I'm asking. I did that on my current car and never regretted it. And I think it probably saved me money actually, since I got $450 or something for the factory tires and according to reviews, they most likely would have worn out sooner and needed replacing anyway, whereas the ones I bought will still be fine when I trade it when the new truck comes in. So I would have paid for one new set of tires either way, but this way I got $450 back for the factory tires and I got to drive on the good tires the whole time I owned the car.

Just would like to know ahead what I'm getting if possible so I can have replacements (if necessary) ready to go to keep the factory tires as close to brand new take offs as possible to bring the highest value. TireRack shows the Michelin Primacy LTX as the OE tire, which I'd be totally happy with. I don't spend much time off the pavement and I always run snows in the winter anyway. Just want a great-in-the-wet, long-lasting highway tire for the warm months.

Edited by relevante

4 hours ago, relevante said:

Does anyone know the details of the all season tire that ships on the 2019 Sierra with 265/65R18? Brand, model, etc? Just put in a factory order and the dealer wasn't sure what the tires would be. Thanks.

All Season:  RPO code "QDF" is a Michelin Energy Saver A/S, P265/65/18, 114T.

All Terrain:  RPO code "XCK" is a Goodyear Fortitude HT, P265/65/18, 114T.

All Terrain WOL (white outline letter):  RPO code "QDS" is a Goodyear Fortitude HT, P265/65/18, 114T.

Take a peek at your order, hopefully you see one of those three options.

Edited by newdude

24 minutes ago, newdude said:

All Season:  RPO code "QDF" is a Michelin Energy Saver A/S, P265/65/18, 114T.

All Terrain:  RPO code "XCK" is a Goodyear Fortitude HT, P265/65/18, 114T.

All Terrain WOL (white outline letter):  RPO code "QDS" is a Goodyear Fortitude HT, P265/65/18, 114T.

Take a peek at your order, hopefully you see one of those three options.

OK great, thanks a lot. I've got QDF.

• 3 weeks later...