Anyone else having rough idle

I've noticed a rough idle when I have the Auto Start / Stop turned off and I come to a stop, it's almost as if the truck wants to shut off but doesn't, then it smooths out a bit. 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Same issue until i used 89 & 91 octane.

Cleared it right up, i switched back for a tank and it came back. So at this point my truck (L84) likes 89 octane or better. I only use Chevron, Shell, 76 fuel, unless i need fuel and cant find any of those brands, at that point i use 91 octane. 

Try using one tank of 91 and see if it clears up( use 91 for one tank because it will mix with the 87 that you have in the tank).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Its the cylinder deactivation.

You can prove this to yourself by taking your foot off of the brake momentarily and you will notice it will stop.

I don't think the cylinder deactivation happens at idle. 

• Like 1

I purchased a 19 Silverado LT with the 2.7 turbo 4. I had the same hesitating issue at coming to a stop with 4,000 miles on it. Took it to the dealer, they said it was a transmission sensor. Waiting on said sensor to come in for repair. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Same issue until i used 89 & 91 octane.

Cleared it right up, i switched back for a tank and it came back. So at this point my truck (L84) likes 89 octane or better. I only use Chevron, Shell, 76 fuel, unless i need fuel and cant find any of those brands, at that point i use 91 octane. 

Try using one tank of 91 and see if it clears up( use 91 for one tank because it will mix with the 87 that you have in the tank).

I second this. My k2 idled rough from the day I got it, was driving me nuts since I sit in a lot of stop and go traffic. I switched to 89 octane and it that's all I ran in it for the last 5 years and it cleared it right up. Like above, only use top tier gas too. My new T1 Sierra is doing it, only have 200 miles on it and I feel the rough idle at stop lights etc - assuming the dealer put 87 in it. I'm going to switch to 89 and see how it does. Exact same motor so should clear it up. 

Edited by hotrodz37

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, Artischain said:

I don’t know if this will even be seen anymore, but I have a 2019 sierra SLT with 45k miles. I idle in park for hours every day at work, and the idle has been really rough recently even killing the truck once or twice per day. Any ideas?

I'm sure the more knowledgeable amongst the forum members will respond, but when I hear about rough idle issues I think things like dirty injectors or a bad spark plug, but I'm no automotive mechanic.

• Like 1