Rear sway bar as an option?

Does anyone know if any of the packages came with an optional rear sway bar? 

Would like to know if this would be a potential upgrade for my RST crew cab. 

Thanks in advance. 

Don’t have one on my 6.2 max tow. I would imagine if any package had a rear sway bar, it would be a towing package. Also don’t think any of the half ton K2s ever had one either.

Bigger question would be if it would make any difference...

15 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Ram has coil springs in the rear. It needs a sway bar.

Curious, why does the type of spring matter for an anti-roll bar?  Leaf springs don't connect the right and left sides any more than coil springs do, no?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IDK gents, these trucks don't seem to have much roll to em. My 2015 had even less. When I first got that truck, I was out at lunch with a co-worker who commented on how stable it was, to the point when we parked he got out to  "Measure" the sway bar. Shock: None there! This guy is very versed in mechanical eng and knows his stuff.  He was astonished there was no bar there. 

• 10 months later...

Good morning everyone, I have a comment and a query. I’ve added a rear sway bar to both my 2015 and 2019 Sierra. It makes a HUGE difference, especially when you are towing. It literally feels like a completely different truck, planted, confident and deleted all of the rear Samba when negotiating potholes. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ADDON if the majority of driving is on asphalt.

I now have a duramax 3.0, has anyone added one with little or no interference from the def tank location? Thank you in advance for your time.

Have a great day. 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:48 AM, Daverado said:

Curious, why does the type of spring matter for an anti-roll bar?  Leaf springs don't connect the right and left sides any more than coil springs do, no?

Yea, old post. I'm aware. 

What does a sway bar do? It transfers load 'borrowing' support (rate) from the less loaded spring to lend to the one under greater load. In a pickup designed to carry far more than most will on a daily basis but sprung for the maximum payload a sway bar is redundant. Unless your fully loaded, towing, etc. where that extra rate is 'used'. I suppose pot holes included :) 

I would expect in the case of the Dodge that the coils are very progressive with a low initial rate. They do ride nice. The leaves in a GM are progressive but much less so. 

My best GUESS. I don't know the specifics of eithers spring.