I have a 2003 Chevy Avalanche 1500. My factory amp under my center console I believe is going out because sometimes when we get in the truck the radio plays audio & others it does not. Everything comes on as it should, just does not play any sound. We could be driving & all of a sudden it comes on. I have unhooked all my wires at least 3 times & re hooked them up just to make sure I have not had any loose wires or bad connections. So I want to do a temp fix until I can replace the factory amp. I want to bypass the amp & hook the speakers straight up to each other from the amp wiring harness. I would unhook the 2 wiring harnesses on the amp & then run a jumper wire from each speaker to make it like the amp never there. I want to run it this way instead of running all new wires to each door. If anyone can help me with this project that would be great. 

You could try hooking the low level signals straight into the speaker output wires at the amplifier.Not sure if all your speakers are powered by the amplifier,I'd have to check the wiring diagram.If you were able to do it there would not be very much volume.