Tailgate letters

3 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

They are the ones GM sells made of matte black plastic.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/decals-and-emblems/2019-silverado-1500-tailgate-chevrolet-lettering-decal-package-black/84370615-p-92300682.html

I would say they are probably very similar to the flat ones from BD, but haven’t seen those in person. Mine have no dome on them at all.

i appreciate the reply. the chevy link states they are vinyl. you mentioned yours are plastic. i prefer vinyl as i don't want a raised plastic object with visible edges. yours looks the best in my opinion so far though. love the black on black.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ddanis60 said:

i appreciate the reply. the chevy link states they are vinyl. you mentioned yours are plastic. i prefer vinyl as i don't want a raised plastic object with visible edges. yours looks the best in my opinion so far though. love the black on black.

They are thicker than normal decals and have a pretty hard surface, I would consider them closer to plastic than vinyl. 

It makes them a lot more forgiving to install...no chance of bubbles or a piece of lint telegraphing through the sticker, and you do get a “second chance” to line them up correctly if you start one crooked. But there is a slight edge on them. Also, after I installed, there was a bit of adhesive residue on some of the edges that I cleaned off with alcohol, and then I was really happy with it.8CA0BD86-3D74-4890-85F2-3A1ECC14F44B.thumb.jpeg.f13f73c7bb4366772a18657e13cac3a8.jpeg

• Like 1

They are thicker than normal decals and have a pretty hard surface, I would consider them closer to plastic than vinyl. 

It makes them a lot more forgiving to install...no chance of bubbles or a piece of lint telegraphing through the sticker, and you do get a “second chance” to line them up correctly if you start one crooked. But there is a slight edge on them. Also, after I installed, there was a bit of adhesive residue on some of the edges that I cleaned off with alcohol, and then I was really happy with it.8CA0BD86-3D74-4890-85F2-3A1ECC14F44B.thumb.jpeg.f13f73c7bb4366772a18657e13cac3a8.jpeg

That’s exactly the picture I was looking for. Thanks for the picture and replies. I think this will Be the one I order. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, Ebrown1120 said:

0F25953C-FCFF-4520-A732-65F9EA2F5CFB.jpeg

18 minutes ago, curly said:

Anybody happen to have black with red outline on white? That has caught my eye on the website but there's not a really good pick of the entire tailgate.

I have the black with red outline on my satin metallic.