2020-2021 Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade Info

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, Mandalorian said:

Car and Driver just had an article about the 2021 Tahoe with an artist's rendering. Apparently it will have the 3.6, eww.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28157980/chevrolet-tahoe-future-suv-2021/

That rendering looks really nice, but yeah, eeww on the 3.6L V6. If they have the 5.3 and 6.2 engines in the lineup also, then I assume the 3.6L V6 would be naturally aspirated, and a cut-rate base engine on LS or LT spec? Umm, no thanks, but I guess with some weight savings and the right gearing it could work just fine for some.

On 7/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, therapy said:

I just hope they offer the 6.2L in all trims. My wife's 2010 Suburban with the 5.3L is fine if it's just a few of us, but load it up with people and luggage and it gets a little sluggish comparatively. 

Also I'd love to see a Trail Boss or AT4 version with the cosmetic adjustments and the 2" factory lift. Not planning to offroad it or anything, just like the look a lot more and the extra height is nice for visibility.

Have had my 2018 with the 5.3L fully loaded with 5 pax plus a dog and a crap ton of luggage and dog stuff, and it still has more than enough pep and passing power when needed with the 3.42 gearing. Have not driven the previous generation Burb, but yeah, the 2015+ with the 5.3L and standard 3.08 gearing definitely felt sluggish to me, to the extent that it wasn't in the running. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 3:11 AM, jherrera said:

yep those are it!!! the escalade looks pretty sharp as well there being so confidential about it we are forced to surrender our phones before entering the plant.

Can you provide any additional updates?

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/10/03/cadillac-escalade-spied-grille-uncovered/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...