Rear end jumping sideways over bumps

2 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Because the internals can give way at Any time rendering them worn, blown, useless or whatever term is appropriate.

Ok, so just to clarify, your answer is that his factory rancho's just coincidentally blew the day he switched from winter to summer wheels. Its not impossible, but I'd argue its more likely his symptoms are due to the changing of wheels/tires.

2 minutes ago, aseibel said:

Ok, so just to clarify, your answer is that his factory rancho's just coincidentally blew the day he switched from winter to summer wheels. Its not impossible, but I'd argue its more likely his symptoms are due to the changing of wheels/tires.

To avoid an argument Andy, let's just go with the problem being attributed to the tires and not the suspension :cheers:

• Like 1

The rancho socks are definitely not the best (I had a strut go bad with 2000 miles on my last truck) but I tend to agree that it's there tire change here. I mean they are under warranty so it can't hurt to have them checked but my guess is the heavier tire and possibly wrong air pressure is the culprit here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm with Sierra Dan. Maybe you noticed it when you changed tires back, but I bet if you got some decent shocks you wouldn't have a problem.

I changed my Ranchos out at 4k, my truck  did the same thing and more. I actually considered them dangerous due to the lack of rebound dampening. They were no good from the factory for my intents and purposes. I was sooo disappointed, I thought I had a set of Ranchos like they used to make and I wouldn't have to replace them for a while. Now I don't think I would buy anything Rancho again. Yes they still make 5000's and other models, but they sold their name out with this lame crap and there are plenty of other choices.

And if your summer tires are low profile and your winter tires aren't, that is another difference.

My 2 cents and worth both pennies, I promise.

• Thanks 1

My only issues is that I drove with same air psi for the last 2 summers with no issue. Why would tire pressure matter now. For the truck to pop and fishtail to the left it has to be another issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, typ0 said:

I'm with Sierra Dan. Maybe you noticed it when you changed tires back, but I bet if you got some decent shocks you wouldn't have a problem.

I changed my Ranchos out at 4k, my truck  did the same thing and more. I actually considered them dangerous due to the lack of rebound dampening. They were no good from the factory for my intents and purposes. I was sooo disappointed, I thought I had a set of Ranchos like they used to make and I wouldn't have to replace them for a while. Now I don't think I would buy anything Rancho again. Yes they still make 5000's and other models, but they sold their name out with this lame crap and there are plenty of other choices.

And if your summer tires are low profile and your winter tires aren't, that is another difference.

My 2 cents and worth both pennies, I promise.

Thanks typ0 :thumbs:

Those who never change them out cannot and will not have the opinion those of us who have do. 

Does that make any sense? LOL

Changing the shocks will certainly change the way it handles. Better or worse is subjective....

But if you want to be scientific about this, there is only 1 option. Go put your winter tires back on, ride over that same bad spot in the road again. If the truck still bounces sideways, then you can blame the shocks. If No bounce, then its your summer tires. simple as that.

10 minutes ago, aseibel said:

Changing the shocks will certainly change the way it handles. Better or worse is subjective....

But if you want to be scientific about this, there is only 1 option. Go put your winter tires back on, ride over that same bad spot in the road again. If the truck still bounces sideways, then you can blame the shocks. If No bounce, then its your summer tires. simple as that.

+1

Maybe this has been asked and answered but I missed it if it has. The two sets of tires, are they inflated to the same pressure? If not by how much? 

35 winter 265 70 17
47 summer 295 55 20

See anything there that might hint to a harsh response for your summer setup? 

This summer setup has been used for 2years and never had this problem

I just put my summer rims and tires back on and now when driving on the highway the truck is jumping out to the side when hitting a bump.
I didn’t have this problem all winter.
Could the tires be causing this?
Nitro ridge grappler 295/55 20

Same thing happened to me, changed shocks and went away.

Sent from above

Same thing happened to me, changed shocks and went away.

Sent from above

I want to eventually buy billsteins when I do a 4” lift. I’m still under warranty