2019 Sierra 6.2L PIP5606- Bent Pushrod

Our truck with only 6,200 miles bent a pushrod already.  We are concerned as the dealership already had a notice of the known issue.  They fixed it but worried it was not a real fix, just a replacement of the defective design. Has anyone else had this problem on the new 2019 Sierra 6.2L.  Would love to know how big an issue this is.

55 minutes ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

Seems the issue is still there even from the L86 in K2 trucks lol. Fantastic.

Because the engines are the same architecture.

Only real difference is instead of shutting down 4 cylinders with (AFM)  L83, L86...… the T1 engines

with (DFM) L84, L87 can run on as little as 1-2 cylinders.

20 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Because the engines are the same architecture.

Only real difference is instead of shutting down 4 cylinders with (AFM)  L83, L86...… the T1 engines

with (DFM) L84, L87 can run on as little as 1-2 cylinders.

Right... so is it a design flaw then in engine architecture or defective parts? Or just a one off? 

Anything mechanical can fail at any point in time.

GM has cranked out hundreds of thousands of these L83, L86, L84 and L87 engines since 2013

I would say yours is an exception to the longevity of others out there.

If it were a design flaw we would be hearing this from other members daily I suspect.

As they say, S*** happens.

• Like 1

8600 miles. No problem with 6.2. averaging 17.4 mpg. Skewed a little because of a long FL trip, and one to NC OBX. I was averaging 16.5 with about 50/50 highway and rural/city.

• 8 months later...

I have a 2016 Yukon XL Denali 6.2l  that bent a pushrod at 67,000 miles (just out of power train warranty)  Replaced the pushrod and rocker arm.  Now at 71,000 have 2 stuck lifters and a dead cam.  Dealer wants $4,100 to repair, but GM will pay 25% because I am a "valued" customer!    Pretty crappy for an $80K ride.

• Sad 1