Tire rotation every 7500mi

For all of you who rotate your own tires, do you follow the direction indicated in your owners manual?

When I do mine , I leave the spare out of the rotation, and simply put the front tires on the rear and the rears on the front. 

I work the right side first, then the left. 

Whats best and why?

Edited by Slvijoe

15 minutes ago, elcamino said:

Who has a spare that match's?  Mine does not, wheel is different, tire its different.  Only good for a spare.

That is true!  You get 4qty Absolute garbage tires from the factory and what is underneath?  Surprise a even Crappier tire!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aseibel said:

rearward cross.

that way each tire get to experience each location on the vehicle and should distribute wear equally between them.

Image result for rotate tires direction

Yep, rearward cross is the best.  Keeps everyone wearing evenly!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

That is true!  You get 4qty Absolute garbage tires from the factory and what is underneath?  Surprise a even Crappier tire!

Hahaha, I know right? My spare is a steel wheel 265/75R17 lol...It will look awesome running with my 275/55R20's on the other 3.

• Like 1

I rotate mine every 5-8k depending on when I get ambitious. I go by the manual which is apparently different than how tire shops rotate duallies. The only reason I don't rotate the spare is I don't feel like messing with the spare tire carrier. Since I have 7 steel rims they're all the same so that's not the issue for me. I try to do it around the same time as my oil changes. Rotations are easy and I know that the lug nuts are being torqued down to the proper 140 lb/ft. Unlike some places that require me to use a cheater bar on my cheater bar to get the lugs off.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCPGMC said:

Hahaha, I know right? My spare is a steel wheel 265/75R17 lol...It will look awesome running with my 275/55R20's on the other 3.

Thinking the same thing, my truck would look pretty sharp with 3 22's and a 17 for 20000 miles until it worked it's way out of rotation.

19 minutes ago, reardiff said:

While we're on the topic, anyone know of a decent TMPS programmer so the display on the dash shows which tire is which correctly after a rotation?  

I was about to ask the same.  I saw a few on Amazon, but none of the "affordable" ones have great or even consistent reviews when it come to working with an 18 Silverado.  If anyone has one that is proven to work on an 18, please speak up.

I’ve got one scratched up 20 inch snowflake now, so when that scratch drives me crazy enough that I feel I need to go extreme and do something about it, maybe I’ll put that on as a spare. Still looking for a good wheel guy to do wheel repair. Fix the scratch or get a new wheel. Whichever comes 1st!

1 hour ago, reardiff said:

While we're on the topic, anyone know of a decent TMPS programmer so the display on the dash shows which tire is which correctly after a rotation?  

48 minutes ago, Cupton said:

I’ve got one scratched up 20 inch snowflake now, so when that scratch drives me crazy enough that I feel I need to go extreme and do something about it, maybe I’ll put that on as a spare. Still looking for a good wheel guy to do wheel repair. Fix the scratch or get a new wheel. Whichever comes 1st!

I use the EL-50448 OEC-T5, I have used it on my 2016, not sure what you guys think is different they are 314.5/315MHz or 433MHz if you had a strong enough magnetic it would work as well. 

Edited by camcamaro1991
  • Like 1

I have this one. Works great on my 16 Silverado and 17 Tahoe.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263037189113