Looking for some rear mud flaps

I been thinking of putting on some mud flaps. I spens a lot of time on gravel roads.     Anyone have any suggestions, found these on Amazon, they say " Without OEM Fender Flares Only ".  My Silverado has some flar to the fender, but I thought they all did? 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FY9S447/?coliid=I1GIES0PT3FTYS&colid=20ECPV8V1IOBF&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

20190606_113635.thumb.jpg.4d77e7702f7d1bccab2c2dd6287c980b.jpg

Those look a lot like the Weathertech's.

I bought a set of the weathertechs for my truck  mainly because they bolt on, no drilling required. The rear ones look a little funky if you look at them from inside the wheel well (they all may look the same way due to the shape of the fender), but from behind they look fine. I didn't like how long the back ones were so I cut the off about halfway down. Less coverage but I think they look better. Looks like the WT are about $30 bucks more for a set, but they fit perfectly. The Oedro's may be the same thing.

The flare - They are referring to extra plastic trim around the fender. If you go to weathertechs site and look they have a graphic that pops up that shows the difference.

I have the Weathertech mud flaps and they have been great.  Fairly easy to install, although you want to be sure that you have them lined up properly before cinching down.  There are a couple of helpful youtube vidoes on the install IIRC.

I also have the front mudflaps and they have greatly cut down on the mud that would end up on the flat running board after a few miles down a wet/rainy dirt road. 

Edited by MobileMatt
added front mudflap comment

Thanks, I ordered those from Amazon I listed above, will give them a try and if they don't fit Amazon will take them back.  I will update and post pic when they get put on. 

those look just like the ones i got from Husky. https://www.huskyliners.com/Mud-Guards-Mud-Flaps/2015/chevrolet/silverado-1500

I'm sure they will work fine. I also didn't want to drill any holes in there, because my old truck they rusted out. But I'm thrilled with my husky flaps on the back. It keeps the slush from filling up my rear bumper in the winter.

Well sent what I got from Amazon back, didn't have any mounting hardware, well there were two screws and 2 washers.   Also, there were no instructions, they did look nice, didn't even see if they would fit.  I looked at the Weather Tech and they cost more, but it is clear they come with mounting hardware. 

My Weathertech mud flaps used the existing fender lip screws for the front and for the rear used two rotating bracket that tightened against the rear inside fender lip.

Really no hardware that I remember.

Edited by 14GMCZ71

• 2 weeks later...

Will finely got the Weather Tech mud flaps, hope they don't break, a little bigger that I thought.    Still got some chips on the rear fenders from gravel, should be some stuff I could spray in that area, kind of like what they spray for a bed liner.  Guess I should have put these on sooner. 

20190708_120436.thumb.jpg.dcbdd7c23ea49088dc826224a4dd39aa.jpg

20190708_120355.jpg

Are the chips from before putting the flaps on or after?

I ask because I didn't like how long they were either and was afraid they would catch on something off road. I took a dremel to the rear ones and cut off the flat part on the bottom, right were it raises up, so they are shorter.  But if that damage was done after you put them on, that may not have been a good idea for me to cut mine. I haven't noticed anything so far though.

Check out Dr. Colorchip. Works very well covering up stuff like that. I haven't used it on black though. Like their web site says, it's about the best you can do without going to a body shop.

No the chips were there prior to putting on. 

Covering up all those chips, I need something to just tape off a section and spray on.  The folks that do bed liners wanted $50.00 a side to put on about a 6 inch of spray along the bottom of that area.  Thought that was a little much.  I could spray some black undercoating and doubt anyone would know. 

Edited by Diverjer

Or have a paint store / body shop make some factory color in a spray can. Tape off the section and spray the factory color on. 

Some light wet sanding and it’s ?