Post your T1 wheel/tire setup

On 11/9/2020 at 6:04 PM, Watkins4x said:

20x10 Hardrock Affliction-19

295/60r20 Toyo RT

2.5 Motofab front 2 spacer in back 

Removed bracket behind mud flap, and trimmed mud flap. 

7E830A96-E900-49B1-9553-43F0C5727D85.jpeg

How much do the tires stick out from the wheel well... can you post a pic from that angle? Did you have to trim anything?

1 hour ago, EricTheRed said:

How much do the tires stick out from the wheel well... can you post a pic from that angle? Did you have to trim anything?

They stick out a little.  I didn’t want the same stance as stock. 0 offset wouldn’t stick out as far as mine. I trimmed the mud flap and removed the bracket behind carpet. Very minor wouldn’t notice it unless you were looking for it. 

A5AAE07F-795C-4238-8C36-B7A9873D76D0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2020 at 11:26 AM, Watkins4x said:

They stick out a little.  I didn’t want the same stance as stock. 0 offset wouldn’t stick out as far as mine. I trimmed the mud flap and removed the bracket behind carpet. Very minor wouldn’t notice it unless you were looking for it. 

A5AAE07F-795C-4238-8C36-B7A9873D76D0.jpeg

How do you like the RT's so far, I'm thinking of doing the same tire and size?

2 hours ago, CMillSilverado said:

How do you like the RT's so far, I'm thinking of doing the same tire and size?

I went with the Toyo RT because my tire guy quoted them really cheap. I think the Nitto Ridge Grappler is probably a better tire, but they $200 more. Neither one will ride as smooth as the stock tire because of the LT rating, but it’s not bad. Little stiffer ride, and a little road noise. 

285/55/22 nitro ridge grapplers. This is the exact look I was looking for. Traded in my 2019 4runner for this 2021 GMC Sierra Denali and really dig the 6.2! 
20201113_154329.thumb.jpg.f1aceacca654c760720734186bafe157.jpg
20201113_154316.thumb.jpg.92f867c1081043bba3d38ca3b8c81f22.jpg
This is the size tire I'm looking at doing when mine need replaced. Did you notice much difference in performance going to the heavier tire?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, JWOutdoors29 said:

This is the size tire I'm looking at doing when mine need replaced. Did you notice much difference in performance going to the heavier tire?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just got them today so I dunno? I'm sure I'm going to lose a cpl of mpg but it's ok, I have a daily driver for work, this truck is my weekender. I'll post up mpg after a a cpl of weeks. But I do love how they look, aggressive and mean.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:32 AM, KEEPER OF SECRETS said:

Mine is a rwd Custom that came with 20x9 wheels and those tires.

The only thing I changed were the wheels, lug nuts and hub centric rings. 

Wheels came from Custom Wheel Offsets.

Offset might be the only thing to check out on yours, depending on tire choice. 

Maybe some other 4x4 owners will chime in with what will work, tire size and offset, w/o rubbing or other issues.

The main thing is this. Some wheels will require spacers, due to the redesigned front calipers having a molded in bump in the center, that require more inside contour of the rim to clear. TMK the previous Gen didn't have this bump. See attached photo.

These have plenty of clearance w/o spacers.

Caliper bump.jpg

Wonder if anyone has ever filed that bump down?

1 hour ago, 22’s said:

What rims? Any rubbing? Did you do any trimming?

Vision rocker wheels 22x10 -19

I have zero rub with a solid half inch of clearance at the worst of times

I removed the mudflap bracket and had to ummm.... "massage" an area of metal behind the mudflap and zip tie haha

These tires are a bit small for a 33x12.5x22 but I honestly think I could clear a 33x13.5 if there was such a thing availbile