Post your T1 wheel/tire setup

2021 chev 1500 high country duramax 
20x9 plus 2 fuel offroad contra with K02 275/60/20 tires
Snapchat-1481876668.thumb.jpg.06c98675d14ef7088dad44bbc2ce8fe2.jpg

Fantastic balance of chrome. I usually don't like chrome but those wheels set of the truck just right with the accents. Any issues with running? I'm looking at the same tire size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, hihosilverado said:

Are you still happy with the KO2s?  How is the ride and noise in the stock size?  I am on the fence between these and the P rated versions of the Ultraterrain and Toyo AT3.

Absolutely. This is the 2nd set and the 3rd truck I've had K02's on. I won't run anything else. Took the stock junk off @ 207 miles. Ready for everything I'll be using them for and very few sacrifices. Only notable thing is a bit of a wah wah wah noise around town, but I could care less. They're great on the highway.

Guys, I need assistance and opinions please regarding my setup I just purchased and test fit. The wheels are 20x9, 0 offset Moto Metal MO970 with 106.25mm hub bore. I purchased 3/8” spacers as suggested by Custom Offsets for caliper clearance. The Bora spacers are not hubcentric high concerns me, they fit the stock hub tightly but the wheels only mount lug centric now. That is my first concern and my second is the stud engagement with the spacer installed. I only get about 5.5 to 6 turns on the lug nut before seated (not torqued). I have some crappy 6mm spacers that I test fit and these gave me much better engagement and I could get 8 turns of the lug before seated. CustomOffsets said I was good to go when I called them as they said I had the right spacers and 6 turns of the lug was acceptable. 

Am I okay running the wheels lug centric?  Am I okay with 6 turns of the lug nut on the stud? I’ve found 6mm spacers by ReadyLift that they state go from factory hub bore to 106mm hub bore which I am thinking about getting. Should I go that route? What are others doing, I haven’t found too much info except for info on bigger spacers. Thanks

https://www.readylift.com/6mm-wheel-spacers-gm-1500-2019-2021.html

F0BA94AD-2AD7-4A73-A013-65F48F743D6F.jpeg

On 9/16/2020 at 10:44 AM, rikhek said:

AT4 with Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit and 35" Toyo Tires

I wanted to share the fitment of a Rough Country 2" AT4 specific leveling kit and 35" tires on 18" OEM wheels with the forum.  After installing the AT4 specific RC leveling kit I was able to fit 285/75/18 Toyo Open Country A/T III tires without any rubbing.  The tires are advertised as being 34.8" tall and 11.3" wide.  I don't have any rubbing at full lock but it's pretty close.  I think if I was at max articulation and full to nearly full lock in an off road setting I'd rub the fender liner a bit.  Not enough to do anything about it but it would just rub.  In over 1,000 miles of daily driving I've not rubbed a single time.

Noteworthy comment/observations:

1.  If I went with a 35" x 12.5" I would have significant rubbing with the fender liner.  A true 12.5" wide 35" would not have adequate clearance.  This is one of the reasons I went with the "narrow" 11.3" wide Toyo's.

2.  Make sure you get an alignment after installing a leveling kit.  My truck was significantly toed-out, outside the acceptable range with the leveling kit and resulted in a "darty" ride with a "floaty" feel.  After getting an alignment and some toe-in the truck drives much better.

Image 1.jpg

My AT4 comes in tomorrow and the dealership is doing a RC 2” front level added to the already factory lift. I have 20” wheels on mine.  Thinking of Nitto Ridge Grapplers but not sure size. Did you have issues with UCA’s having more angle after level kit?

Edited by kpromero

On 1/12/2021 at 8:29 PM, kpromero said:

My AT4 comes in tomorrow and the dealership is doing a RC 2” front level added to the already factory lift. I have 20” wheels on mine.  Thinking of Nitto Ridge Grapplers but not sure size. Did you have issues with UCA’s having more angle after level kit?

I would like to know too as I’m hearing horror stories about leveling TB and AT4’s and upper ball joint issues. I did a 1” level but might remove it for 1/2” based on some things I read. I just had a friend who had a upper ball joint failure with a 3” kit. With my factory lift and the level I’m at 3” so I’m a bit worried. Thanks