2018 Silverado LT DL8 To DL3 Mirror Upgrade

Hello, I’m new to this so please bare with me.

I have a 2018 Silverado LT With DL8 Mirrors And I just purchased the DL3 Mirrors Online.

I connected the driver side mirror to the factory switch harness and the only function I’m getting from it is the mirror adjustment settings. The problem I’m having is that the turn signal and puddle lights are not working.

im hoping to get some advice, I’m not worried about making it look nice I just really would like to get it to work.

I came to think that if I were to tap into the power wire in the mirror harness for the mirror turn signal, and possibly run a wire from there to To the headlight turn signal wire harness that would get it to work?

Then maybe run a wire from puddle light but run that to something that turns on when the doors are unlocked? The problem is I’m worried that it might be pushing too much power to the mirror and blow something out?

if that can work I’m not sure witch wires in the mirror harness to tap into? I can’t find anything online showing what wires do what?

Thanks!

There might be a few connections missing in your stock wiring. Reach out to pgamboa that dude has the wiring on these trucks figured out, and can possibly even hook you up with the correct harness to make your new mirrors work correctly (and look like it came that way from the factory)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1